Dress Rehearsal Part 2

Start from the beginning

I walk over and give him a two passes and kiss his cheek. "Tree will show you. Make sure Emmy is wearing the headphones."

He nods his head and walks out, closing the door behind him. After he leaves, I finish getting ready and head to the stage.

–John's POV–

I walk out of the dressing room with the headphone in hand and head over to the couch where Emmy is asleep. Tree is around the area watching her when I go up and kiss her head.

I gently pick her up and kiss her cheeks until she begins to stir.

"Noooooo. Dada. Sweepy." She says pushing my face away and putting her head in my neck.

I chuckle. "I guess you don't wanna watch Momma's show?" I question.

This causes her head to pop up and her to look around. "No Mama show." She says pointing to the entrance.

I smile, "Okay, but you have to wear these headphones, so your little ears don't get hurt." I say pulling the head phones over her ears.

She smiles and points and I walk over to Tree.

"I was told you would show me where I need to be?"

Tree nods her head and shows me out beside the stage yet behind the barricade and talks to the crew.

"He is allowed in here. He can also bring in whoever he wants. Other than that they must have the pass I showed you earlier to get in here." She says to the security member.

He just nods his head and takes a look at my face, committing it to memory. After a second, Tree walks over to me.

"You are all set, she heads over to the B-stage at the end of Speak Now. You could either head over a minute or so after or head out before."

"Ok, thanks!" I reply looking around at the crowded room. "I thought this was a closed Dress rehearsal with just family?"

Tree chuckles, "Yeah and whoever else Scott invites. However, all phones were taken at the door so nothing gets out. So you are good to go for now."

I nod my head and set Emmy down for a second to check that her ears are covered.

"Hey Tree got a question?"

"Yeah what's up?" She asks.

"Can Emmy get on Stage real quick for a picture?"

Tree grins, "Yeah let me get up there then I grab her from you, but we gotta be quick we start in 10 minutes."

I nod and take Emmy's headphones off. "Okay baby girl, Tree is going to help you on stage so we can take a couple pictures for momma. Okay?"

Emmy nods her head in agreement.

After a second I see Tree walk to the end of the stage and reach down for her. As she does this I hold her up and Tree places her on the stage and hands her an older mic that looks like it's from the 50s. Emmy grins and starts singing and dancing on the stage for a couple of minutes before Tree bends back down to her level.

"Okay little one time to go back to daddy. Mommy is about to start."

Emmy walks over towards me and I quickly grab her before she gets too close to the edge and set her on the ground.

I hear my name and turn around, "John I need the mic back." Tree asks, pointing to the mic in Emmy's hand. I quickly bend down and take it from her and hand it to Tree.

After that Tree runs backstage and I bend putting the headphones on the baby. Once they are on her head and covering her ears the room goes dark and the screaming begins and the intro begins. As Taylor's voice is heard through the speakers and her handwriting passes over the screen the cheers grow as do the sparkles inside of Emmy's eyes.