He gives me a very skeptical look.

"If you do not have any, we need to go ahead and grab some."

He grins, "Do you have to mess with me like that?"

"Yeah, it brings me joy to see you squirm. Now that we have baby protection, let's go get Emmy some toys." I quickly spin the buggy and we head off towards the toys section. We quickly head to the aisle with the toddler toys spread throughout. "Okay, let's get smaller toys that can be easily moved from one place to the other, and maybe one larger one to keep at the house here for when we come back."

"Sounds like a plan."

We slowly make our way through the aisle and discuss what are all the different toys that Emmy would enjoy playing with. Soon enough we have about 6 presents for her to open in the buggy.

"Okay, this should be good. I mean we got her a bigger present, and a few smaller ones we could take on the road."

"Yeah, and not to mention that she is getting more from both our parents. Did we need to grab any clothing while we were here?" He asks.

I stand still for a moment thinking as he moves stuff around the buggy to put in the larger toy.

"Yeah, she needs another jacket, and an outfit for the Christmas party." I responded after a minute of waiting.

John comes up beside me placing his hands on my hips for a moment, "That sounds good. Is this a big party? Like are all your friends coming? Actually, are we supposed to dress up?" He asks, lowering his forehead to mine.

I smile and quickly respond, "Yes, Yes, and Yes, but your Jeans and polo would work."

"Okay, I only have that one black polo. If I need another, we need to go ahead and get it." He says. Once he finished talking, he bent over and placed a kiss on my lips.

I respond by giving him a list back before pulling away, "Let's go to the Christmas section and meet Tree and Steve. Then I need to go get the ingredients for my cookies."

He quickly grabs the buggy for me and pushes it. A few minutes later, we get to Christmas where Tree and Steve are trying to decide what tree we want.

"I think this one." Tree says looking at one of the trees.

"I mean it's pretty but it is supposed to fill up that area right? If so you need the taller one." Steve responds.

I walk up behind them, "I agree with Steve, I need to fill up that area, but I do like the other one for a smaller setting."

Tree nods her head. "Okay, so we need the bigger one, Steve, go get that ordered and pulled up front." Tree directs.

"Fine, but I'll need help." He responds.

Tree huffs, "Take John."

Steve raises his hands in defense and leaves. John looks at me in acknowledgement and follows.

I then turned to Tree, "Okay now we need the stockings, decorations, lights, and garland. Right?" I ask.

"No, the tree has lights on it, but you also need the plates and stuff for the party. Unless you plan on using your fine china?" Tree questions.

"Okay, and let's see about the plates."

We quickly head off in the direction of the decorations and get ornaments for the tree, as well as a topper. Soon after that we head over to the Wreaths and grab some garland for the table and mantle. Once we select this, John and Steve are back.

"What did I miss?" John asks, wrapping his arms around me and placing kiss on my head.

"Not much. All we have left for now is the stockings." I respond leaning back into his chest relaxing for a moment.

"Okay. Let's get this done." He says, taking control of the buggy and following me. I look at all the stockings for a while and sigh. "What is it?" He asks.

"I don't like these," I responded.

"Well... Why not get some that will work for now and next year we can get everything figured out sooner. These past two weeks have been crazy. No, thanks to me." He kisses my cheek and I agree. I grab a few stockings that I like and we head to the checkout. Once up there Tree is checking out in the other lane.

"Hey, come over here. I can pay all at once." She says motioning me over.

Both John and I quickly rush over and start to place the items we have on the conveyor. We get everything up on the belt other than a singular box that is still in the bottom of the buggy.

John, without thinking, places it on the counter and both Steve and Tree start laughing. I immediately turn red in embarrassment. After figuring out why they were laughing, John also turned a bright shade of red.

"Already finished that other box?" Steve asks, with a chuckle.

"Never had a box," John says in response, still beat red but now hiding me behind him.

Tree in turn slaps Steve, "Behave, They are grown adults and we are paying with their card. Let them be, or you will get nothing for a month."

Steve immediately stood up straight, "I'm sorry for laughing at you."

John nods his head in acceptance and turns to face me.

"You okay?"

I just respond by nodding my head yes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think about it." He says looking down.

I place a kiss on his cheek, "It's okay. If it was just us that would not have been a problem."

He soon turns back around and sees that Tree and Steve are paying. After the charge goes through we take one of the buggies and head out the door, packing up the car and back to the place I call home.