"Oh, it is just anything with the tag 'Crayola Color Wonder'. Honestly anything with that should work. How did everything go with your parents?"

I bend down and pick up a few items for what I need. "I mean it went as good as you could predict. They weren't happy with me, but they are excited to meet you and Emmy."

"That's good John..." She pauses and I can hear noise on the other end of the phone. After a minute she comes back, "Sorry the CPS lady just left. Let me see what Emmy wants to eat." She sets the phone down, getting her attention.

After a minute or so she picked it back up, "Ok, she wants chicken. I honestly do not care. You know what I like; just grab me something."

"Ok I can do that. I love you Tator. I'll see you in a bit."

She says 'I love you back' and hangs up.

I start walking around to find my parents and Steve, who are all in the toy section. I walk up and see them looking at some toys.

"Hey." I say holding up the coloring pages.

They turn and smile and raise up a toy, "Would Emmy like this?"

I look at it for a minute, "She is really in an artsy phase and loves horses right now. She also loves singing with her momma and The little mermaid.

They smile and place the toy down and head off to somewhere else. I look at Steve who shrugs and we follow behind my parents. They finally arrive at a different section and pull out a kids karaoke machine with two microphones.

I see it and laugh, "Yeah, she would like that." As they continue to look we pass by an aisle with miniature horses and I call Taylor.

"Hey, sorry to bother you but what does that foal Emmy likes look like?"

"Oh, umm. It is brown with a white stripe on its face. It also has white cuffs around the hooves. Why?"

"No reason," I replied, ending the call, and picking up the 47 inch stuffed animal and taking it over to my parents that motioned to the cart.

After those two items they got some more Color wonder art supplies and we checked out and left. It was now 5:30 and we stopped to pick up food that I ordered on my phone during check out at walmart.

As soon as we get the food we head to the hospital, where Steve drops us off at the hidden doors and we head up with the food and the presents. Eventually, the door opens on the floor and we head to the room. I gently knock on the door and walk in with the food and a Walmart bag.

"Hey babe," I say, sitting the food on the bedside table. Once my hands are free I wrap Taylor in a hug and kiss her forehead. "I love you."

She smiles and places a short kiss on my lips before turning around to greet my parents.

"Hello I'm Taylor, it is nice to meet you both." I chuckle.

"Taylor, this is my mom, Margaret, and my dad, Richard." I say introducing them. Taylor reaches out to shake their hand but my mom crushes her in a hug.

"We have so much to catch up on due to my fool of a son." My mom says as she lets go.

My dad mimics my mom but says, "It is nice to meet you. I am sorry about my son, he is a bit... well.... Aloof.

Taylor laughs.

I move from beside Taylor to closer to the bed to see Emmy on her momma phone.

"What are you doing baby?" I ask, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Game," She responds looking up and around. I smile.

"Emmy, this is my mom and dad. These are your grandparents. Can you say Hello?"

Emmy pulls a big smile on her face, "Hellwo" after that she looks at me, "Hungy?"

I kiss her head. "I got you some chicken, give me a minute to get it out. While I do this, why don't you see what your grandma and grandpa got you?" I suggest pointing towards the older couple with bags in their hands.

Emmy looks over at them and see the bags. She instantly points at the bags and says, "Pwesent?"

My mom and dad both chuckle. "Yes Emmy, we got you a couple presents." My mom responds as she walks closer to the bed. I turn and start to separate the food for everyone as they give her the bag.

Emmy, instantly rips it open and pulls out the karaoke machine. She plays with the buttons and tries to get it out. My dad hands her another bag to open promising to get the toy out of the box. When she opens this one she smiles and places them with her other coloring sheets.

"What do you say baby?" Taylor prompts.

"Thank whu!" She starts to look around the room at everyone and notices the giant horse sitting on the couch and gasps. She instinctively tries to get up and go to it but Taylor stops her.

"What is is baby?"

"Horsey!" she screams pointing to the stuffed animal.

My mom grabs the horse off of the couch and sets it next to her on the bed.

Emmy giggles and pets its head. I turn and place her food on her rolling table.

"My Emmy, that horse is bigger than you are." I comment smiling to which she looks up and nods. I roll her food over to her. "Here is your food. Do not eat it too fast."

After getting her settled I turn to see Taylor sitting in her chair chowing down on her own dinner. I follow her lead and take the seat next to her eating my food.

While we eat Emmy plays with her new horse and snacks on her chicken. When we get through my dad has finally managed to get the karaoke machine out of the box and hands it over to Emmy.

Upon getting it Emmy immediately picks up the microphone and puts it to her mouth. She tries it out and giggles when it works.

"Emmy wanna sing us a song?" I ask motioning to the microphone.

She nods her head.

"Okay, what do you wanna sing?" I ask to pull out my phone.

"Mama." She responds. I get to Taylor's music and pull it up playing Emmy's favorite from the new album, Long Live. She starts singing to the music and we all sit back and listen.

This continues until visiting time closes. I sigh and get up.

"Tay, I'm gonna show them out, and if it's good, have Steve take them to the house?" I have a question.

"Yeah, that's fine, but you will need this bracelet to get back in." She replies while she puts a medical bracelet on my wrist.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few. Emmy time to say night night to grandma and grandpa and give hugs."

Emmy sits up and extends her arms out to the two older people. After giving them both hugs she waves, "Bye Bye".

After that they tell her 'goodnight' and I walk with them down stairs. Once at the doors I text Steve. Waiting for a response I look up to my parents, "I'm sorry about everything. I just... I don't even know. I guess I got distracted."

They just grin and my dad speaks, "I can see you love them, and Emmy is sweet as can be. We are still mad, but for now. I'm proud of you. We will come back in the morning." He says as Steve pulls up. I nod my head in agreement before sending them out to Steve. I watch as they drive away until they are out of sight before heading back up to the two people that make me the happiest.