Chapter 20: Candles in the wind

~Ti continued~

When we got back down stairs to the room Jay was sleeping on Li, while she was holding Santana's hand. What did he say Li whispered as to not wake her up? We got a big problem you guys. I said sitting on the other side of Santana grabbing her hand. What's up Ti? Is she asleep? I said looking at Li. Uhh let me check. Li started rubbing her side to see if she was awake when she didn't move we knew she was sleep. Yall we've been right about Michael all along he's not what Jay thinks he is. I knew it, what is he into? Drugs big time, apparently he was the biggest drug dealer in Chicago and he moved his operation to Atlanta right around the time Santana was born. That still doesn't explain how Eric got Santana. Ro said. Eric was protecting Santana from Michael's little girlfriend she was slapping her around. I could see Li getting angrier by the minute. So how we gon handle this nigga. Li said continuing to gently rub Jay's side. We aren't going to do anything but get Jay and Santana out of Atlanta for a little bit while Eric handles it. Come on Ti we gotta do something. It's too risky, we all got business here, we can't have any our names tied to it in anyway. You know she's not gonna sit back and do nothing, I know this is why we need to keep her busy with something till we can get them out of the state for a little bit. The girls party was keeping her busy, but we told them it was cancelled. As of right now it's back on, don't tell them just keep her taking care of it, until Michael is no longer a problem.

~Jay~

Little did they know I heard all of it, every single word of it. How the hell does Eric even know Michael? Was this some type of sick plan from the very beginning? Who was the bitch that was slapping my child around? And how is Michael's ass responsible for my baby being in this hospital bed. I am sure as hell going to find out I don't want the girls to know because they will just try to stop me, but he is messing around with my child and I am not going for that. I laid there on Li's chest plotting out how I was gonna kill Michael. I waited until the girls were asleep. I slowly got out Li's grip and kissed her cheek. I went over to Ro and did the same thing. When I got to Ti I stopped and admired her then I kissed her cheek. Whispered in her ear I love you baby. I turned and looked at my baby lying in the bed. Santana baby if you can hear me, please know that mommy loves you so much baby. If for some reason I don't make it back I know your other mommies will take care of you. I rubbed her head and then kissed her cheek, before leaving the room.

I went up to Eric's room to find out what he knew. Crystal was sleeping cuddled up on the side of him as he lay flipping the channels. Hey Eric! Hey Jay! I am so sorry about your daughter. Thanks Jay it hasn't set in that she isn't here anymore. Eric that pain you will never ever get over trust me. Did Ti tell you? Tell me what? Jay you and Santana need to leave Atlanta for a little while, just trust me. Eric you of all people know I don't run from my problems. Jay this is one problem you need to run from, Michael's dangerous. He's the reason why we are all in this hospital right now. I couldn't believe it. Michael was the reason for his own daughters' accident. Eric I gotta go. Jay don't do anything stupid, let me handle it. Think about Santana, you still have your daughter and you have other children don't jeopardize that. I looked at him and he seemed genuine. Thanks again Eric for getting her. It was no problem I just wish it didn't end this way.

I went to the car I started it and drove to Michael's house. I sat there looking at his house thinking about everything that has gone down between us. I knew from the beginning that it was wrong how I tricked him, but damn never did I think he would do this to repay me. Shit Jay'mee what you get yourself into now I thought to myself. I reached across the seat to the glove compartment and got my gun out. I checked it to make sure it was loaded. I was just about to get out when I felt a hand touch my arm. Oh my god Ro you scared the shit out of me. Girl I could of shot you. Please Jay you wouldn't shoot me. Uhh yeah you creeping in the backseat of folk's car. Baby don't do this! I have too; he's the reason why our little girl is in the hospital. I know baby you gotta think about Santana, what happens to her if you do this. She will know that her mother cares about her so much that she risked her life to protect hers. Okay what about Lo, Vi, Charli, Chase, Nicholas, and Tron? Damn we got a lot of kids, I thought to myself. I would do the same for them if it were them lying that bed.