Chapter 66: Captive

Ziying Palace has become a purgatory on earth.

  Dozens of corpses of palace maids and chamberlain lay on the ground, with wine pouring down and dripping down mixed with blood.

  Amidst the shouts of "protect," there were screams. Everyone supported the emperor and fought and retreated, but there was no way to retreat.

  The Ziying Palace has been surrounded by the prince's mob.

  Yu Yuan's official robe was stained with blood, and he led the remaining guards to stand in the front, with an awe-inspiring aura that one man could guard against all others.

    Yu Xinyi held a curled knife against the palace pillar, while Ning Zizuo was panting, holding the bow and arrow snatched from the rebels, and the quiver on his waist had reached its bottom.

    The emperor probably did not expect that in the end, apart from a few personal guards who desperately protected him, there were only a dandy boy and the Yu family father and daughter, whom he had suspected and suppressed.

    It was only at this time that he realized who was a trustworthy and honest person.   They resisted for two quarters of an hour—only two quarters of an hour.

   After a while of fighting, there were dead and wounded everywhere.

   All the guards were dead. Yu Xinyi and Ning Zizuo were also seriously injured and disarmed by the rebels.

   "You...hum!"

  The prince grabbed Yu Xinyi's high ponytail, looked into her heroic and unwilling eyes, and said fiercely, "Wait a minute. I will deal with you well after I ascend the throne!"

  The emperor sat behind the dragon table with messy crown hair, his gray hair scattered from his temples, as if he had aged ten years in an instant.

   Hundreds of ministers and relatives in the palace became hostages in Ning Tan's hands.

   These people all have distinguished family backgrounds, and many of them are relatives of military commanders. These people fell into Ning Tan's hands and were very likely to be used by him to threaten and instigate rebellion against the generals

.   The situation is extremely unfavorable.

   Ning Tan captured two family members, a man and a woman, from the hostages and said to the emperor, "My father is gone, so why bother to resist? If it is passed down to your son, your son will let you live in your old age. If you don't obey, there are people like this!"

  After speaking, he drew his sword and slashed, killing the two luxuriously dressed hostages on the spot.

   The cowering people in the palace cried and howled even louder. Yu Xinyi watched the two people being killed and could not help gritting his teeth: "Beasts!"

    Ning Zi Tuotuo quietly moved over with his broken leg, held Yu Xinyi's hand and stopped her bleeding.

    Ning Tan walked back and forth in the hall angrily, his messy hair fluttering in the north wind, blowing his whole body as scary as a ghost.

    "Father, you are so wise, mighty, benevolent and kind; why don't you want to save your subjects?"

  He said, "Ha!" almost hoarsely, "Why don't you stand up and protect your subjects like a king? I'm going to kill them all!"

  After the long case, the emperor's cheeks moved several times, finally choosing silence.   In the face of abdication and his subjects, he still chose the former.

    Despair enveloped everyone in the palace. They looked haggard and were still waiting for King Qin of the Forbidden Army.

    But Yu Xinyi knew that the forbidden army did not have the three-party military talisman and could not move even if it was stationed outside the palace gate.