Chapter 27: Wrap your finger

A strand of hair fell from her shoulders, and Yu Lingxi maintained a bowed posture with a bright lamp shadow outlined on her body.

She should pay this gift back.

Living in fear in her previous life, she once thought that Ning Yin's existence was more terrifying than evil spirits. But what is ironic is that after rebirth, conspiracy and calculations followed one after another, and the two years in the regent's mansion in the previous life were actually a rare "peace".

What is more terrifying than evil spirits is the human heart.

Perhaps a real lunatic like Ning Yin in his previous life was far more magnanimous than a hypocrite.

Looking down through the gap in the sleeve robe, she could vaguely see the pair of deerskin boots standing in front of her, and there was no movement for a long time.

But Yu Lingxi could feel his cool gaze falling on her shoulders, probing and searching.

She waited quietly.

Until the white and strong knuckles rested on her bandaged palm, light and unresistable, and she pressed down her hand with sleeves and brows.

"Miss is the master; I am the servant; why should you thank me?"

Ning Yin bent down a little, and the coldness in her eyes was gone, replaced by a little bit of incomprehensible interest.

Yu Lingxi didn't dare say that the current Ning Yin is not much better than the prince. The obvious difference is that he has never hurt the Yu family.

For Yu Lingxi, this was enough.

"Trapped in the warehouse today, Zhao Xu originally prepared someone to catch the adulterer. You could have done nothing, but before my ugly face is exposed to everyone, your reputation will be ruined."

Speaking of this matter, Yu Lingxi was a little embarrassed to speak, and her voice dropped.

But she looked into Ning Yin's eyes and insisted on finishing the sentence: "If I don't kill myself in public, I can only marry the man in the barn. But you didn't do that; you opened the barn and rescued me."

With Ning Yin's clever calculations, it is impossible not to know what it means to let her go.

As a prince in exile, he was bent on revenge, and it was impossible not to covet the power of the general's mansion.

But he still chooses to do so.

Yu Lingxi said lightly but firmly: "I must thank you for not allowing me to die of humiliation."

When talking about "death", she spoke very lightly but inadvertently caused waves in Ning Yin's dead heart.

I thought I was a fool, but unexpectedly, my heart is like a mirror.

Ning Yin laughed suddenly and slowly narrowed her beautiful eyes. "Since Miss knows this, how can I just thank you?"

He showed half-true and half-false greed, like a beast that was tired of being dormant and was grinding its teeth.

Yu Lingxi didn't show any timidity at all; even the corners of her mouth curled up cleanly and softly, and she asked, "Then Wei Qi, what do you want?"

With a smile, Ning Yin stopped talking.

He realized that Yu Lingxi was tricking him, so he didn't answer but slowly straightened up and said leisurely: "Actually, I've always been curious; why does Miss never ask me about my past?"

Ning Yin is a ruthless and vigilant person. Naturally, Yu Lingxi couldn't expose his identity rashly, so she thought about it and asked, "I asked, will you say it?"