Chapter 23: Help?

A stone "slapped" on the trunk.

The canary standing on the branch in a daze was frightened, chirped, and flew away.

The black snake jumped into the air, spit out the letter and retracted into the flowers, hiding its tracks.

Ning Yin's "good show" was over, so she turned her head to look at Yu Lingxi, with no emotion in her black, ice-like eyes.

The girl under the flower tree had picturesque eyes, patted the dust on her hands and said: "I don't like snakes. If you are warmed by someone, you have to bite them back. They are cold-blooded and ungrateful."

Ning Yin smiled softly.

"But, miss, snakes are meant to bite people."

But there was no smile in his eyes, and there was a faint mockery, "It was born with cold blood, lives in the dark, and can't adapt to the temperature of people; how can we blame it for biting back?"

Heretic and fallacious, just like the previous life, it is impossible to refute.

"I need to find a guard and drive it away." Yu Lingxi still panicked when she thought of such a cold thing.

"You should kill it," Ning Yin said suddenly, looking at the black snake coiled on the tree.

Yu Lingxi looked at Ning Yin's profile, not sure what he meant.

In her previous life, when she couldn't figure out Ning Yin's thoughts, she would give in at the right time. So, she raised her bruised and scabbed left hand with downcast eyes, spread her palm towards him, and sighed softly, seemingly unintentionally: "My hand still hurts."

As expected, Ning Yin raised the tails of her eyes slightly.

She whipped herself hard, and in the end, she had to be pitiful in front of him.

"Miss, why are you protecting me?" His thin lips parted, and he didn't continue the topic of snakes.

Yu Lingxi glanced at him: "What do you think?"

Ning Yin shook her head: "Miss is too smart; I can't guess."

Being praised as "smart" by a really smart person, Yu Lingxi really didn't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

"It's better to make you owe me some love than to make you hate me more."

Yu Lingxi said bluntly, "Besides, I am also responsible for this matter."

Ning Yin stopped talking.

A magnolia flower fell from a branch and landed at Yu Lingxi's feet, making a soft sound.

She squatted down and picked up the magnolia with intact petals, and then she heard Ning Yin's indifferent voice from beside her: "Is the young lady satisfied with my performance?"

"What performance?" Yu Lingxi was still holding the flower, her pomegranate skirt winding down to the ground.

"I didn't cut off Qing Xiao's right arm."

The corners of Ning Yin's mouth curled up, and his tone was cold. "Miss, do you think Qing Xiao's arms are better than mine?"

He was talking about the day when he visited Xue Cen. Yu Lingxi ignored him and chose to get into the carriage with Qing Xiao's arm.

It's been three days!

He didn't think about it or calm down at all; he was just thinking about this matter in a dark way!

Yu Lingxi's brain was hurting; she lost all temper, got up and sighed: "Wei Qi, don't you have any compassion and love for this world?"

"Love?" Ning Yin laughed suddenly.