Chapter 48: Crazy

The guards of the Yu family would regularly patrol the surrounding area every night, and today they found a pile of crumpled oil paper used for wrapping cakes in the corner of the street across the street.

  The guard felt suspicious and immediately reported it to Yu Huanchen.

  "Someone has been watching here day and night, and the target is probably me."

  Yu Huanchen touched the oiled paper, twirled the crumbs of pasta from his fingertips, "Go and search the surroundings carefully."

  The guard took the order, and the result was obtained within a cup of tea.

  Seven or eight feet away, in the hidden pile of debris at the end of the alley, there were two or three drops of blood scattered.

  "The blood is still fresh, no more than half an hour ago."

  The guard reported, "However, there are no signs of fighting around, nor are there any wounded or dead bodies."

  Yu Huanchen frowned with heroic sword eyebrows.

  Did it run away or was it cleaned up?

  Was it Donggong or the eunuch who took action?

  No matter which faction took action, it was clear that the attackers were evil...

  Yu Huanchen's face changed as he thought of his wife and younger sister who were happily going out in a carriage.

  "Not good."

  He stood up quickly and said with long strides, "Get your horses ready quickly!"

  ...

  The sun hadn't completely set when a heat wave hit him when he went out.

  Su Wan took Yu Lingxi to Yin Binglou to sit for a while and ate two bowls of bayberry ice drink and papaya pancake. When the sun rolled down the roof and the evening wind began to pick up, he got into the carriage and returned home.

  On the table in the car, a piece of freshly beaten grape cheese is frozen on a bronze ice plate, which exudes a bit of coolness.

  The grapes Ning Yin often bought were very sour. He ate them without changing his face, but Yu Lingxi looked at them with sour teeth.

  It happened that the grape cheese from Yinbinglou was in season. It was sweet and milky, and much more delicious than the ones he bought, so she picked up a portion and planned to take it back for him to try.

  "Sui Sui, do you think this ice jade looks better with the green tassels, or this dark blue one?"

  Su Wan came over with several tassel styles, looking quite hesitant.

  Yu Lingxi closed the ice mirror with her hands, took the two tassels and compared them, and said: "If the green is fresh, but my brother is a military commander after all, the dark blue is more stable..." Before she could finish her words, she heard the coachman "scream

  " With a crash, the carriage suddenly stopped.

  Yu Lingxi and Su Wan bumped into each other and both snorted softly.

  "Young Madam, Miss."

  Qingxiao said from outside the car, "The trafficker's vehicle in front has overturned and blocked the way. I have ordered people to clear the place. Please wait for a moment, Madam and Miss." Yu Lingxi opened the car curtain and looked forward

  . Blinded.

  A few feet away, a cart selling melons collided with an oxcart full of soybeans. The melons and beans rolled down to the ground, causing a group of children and beggars to fight over them, creating chaos.