Chapter 1- Madman

Yu Lingxi fell ill and was frightened by Ning Yin.

It can't be blamed on her frailty; anyone who wakes up early in the morning and sees the corpses of two female assassins floating under the glazed lamp in front of the temple will be horrified.

Under the lamp, Ning Yin was dressed in a purple robe and was extremely handsome. He named the picture "Beauty Lamp" and invited Yu Lingxi to enjoy it together with great interest.

Yu Lingxi couldn't catch her breath and fell ill when she returned.

After burning all night, I finally came back from the gate of hell.

But living by Ning Yin's side is far more terrifying than the gate of hell.

Before her, there were quite a few people who put all kinds of beauty around Ning Yin, no matter whether they flattered them or assassinated them. Without exception, they all failed to see the sunrise of the second day alive.

Only Yu Lingxi was an accident.

Maybe it's because she has been weak and sickly since she was a child, and she looks sick and waiting to die; she doesn't seem to be a threat; or maybe she has nothing to do with the world, and her methods of coaxing people are quite satisfactory...

In short, Ning Yin did not kill her for the time being.

Also, only "temporarily".

Yu Lingxi tactfully followed the madman's temperament, obediently played the role of canary, and did not provoke him.

But Ning Yin likes to provoke herself. No matter how big Yu Lingxi's heart is, she can't stand serving a lunatic every day.

It was only because she had been sick from fright for the past two days that she could have a moment to breathe.

In March in Yangchun, the days are fine.

Yu Lingxi had just recovered from a serious illness and finally had a peaceful life, reading a book while leaning on the imperial concubine's couch.

The weather has turned warm, but she is still wrapped in thick fox fur. Her face is a little pale, but it does not reduce her complexion at all.

The thin light by the window illuminates her delicate profile; her skin is more than snow; and the blue silk is like the finest silk and satin to fit her exquisite figure, making her look even more frail and deceitful. Only the animal head ring worn between her fingers shows her beauty. She used to be the noble daughter of the general's mansion.

The ring was given to her by her seriously ill mother with tears in her eyes after her father and brother died in battle so that she could live a good life no matter what.

Yu Lingxi's eyes fell on the ring, and she couldn't help feeling sad.

If the family was still there, I would have enjoyed the love of the stars like the moon, instead of huddling in the Regent's Palace as a bird in a cage, facing a lunatic day and night.

The only good thing is that when Ning Yin is not sick, he is not too harsh on her.

She was afraid of the cold, so silver filament charcoal was always supplied in the bedroom all year round; the priceless spice was hard to find even in the palace, and it could only be burned all day long in the Prince Regent's palace.

It's okay, I can make do with it.

Yu Lingxi flipped through the pages of the book with a lack of interest and saw the personal maid bowing in.

Hu Tao presented a gold-plated invitation card, and said cautiously: "Miss, the Zhao residence sent an invitation card this morning."

The Zhao Mansion mentioned in Hutaokou was the residence of Zhao Hui, the minister of household affairs at that time. And Zhao Hui is Yu Lingxi's uncle.