Chapter 65: Palace Change

In the East Palace, the warehouse was half collapsed, with thick smoke billowing.

  In the main hall, a harsh sound of breaking jade and porcelain came. Prince Ning Tan trembled and fell to the ground, and a sticky, bright red immediately emerged from his forehead.

  As soon as the queen came after hearing the news, the emperor said angrily, "Look at the good son you raised!"

  The queen said, "Your Majesty, please calm down. The body is the most important thing."

  The thick blood covered his eyes. He did not dare to wipe them with his sleeves, so he could only kneel down and grab the ground with his head: "I am wronged! Someone must be here. You are trying to frame your ministers! I hope my father is aware of this!"

  "How dare you make such quibbles, Shuzi?"

  The emperor coughed turbidly in his throat and pointed at him. "At your mother's birthday party, you made arrogant remarks in front of all the officials and your wife. You didn't want to make progress in the East Palace on weekdays. Instead, you had a night banquet with the maids and servants, and you made several "imperial concubines" and stewards. '...On this one, I can punish you for committing a capital crime!"

  Ning Tan shrank his neck in fright, and his defensive cry suddenly got stuck in his throat.

  Previously, when his father returned from hunting in the autumn, his body was ailing, so Ning Tan helped approve the memorial for two days. After tasting the supremacy of imperial power, he became a little complacent. He thought that God was unaware of the situation, but unexpectedly, his father knew everything.

  Seeing that the prince had no master, the emperor knew that those ridiculous acts were true and became even more angry.

  "Remember, everything you have is given by me! I can establish you, but I can also destroy you!" With that, the emperor walked away.

  "Father...Mother, queen!"

  Ning Tan desperately grabbed the queen's phoenix robe, as if hugging the last piece of driftwood.

  The queen's eyes were blank, and someone from the palace immediately stepped forward and pried off the prince's fingers one by one.

  When the phoenix robe passed mercilessly in front of her, Ning Tan finally slumped her shoulders.

  "Right Prime Minister, Xue Youxiang!"

  Ning Tan looked towards the old man standing on crutches outside the door, tears streaming down his face. "I am the only one." My legitimate son! You will help me, right?"

  Xue Youxiang's white beard twitched slightly; he sighed from his nose, and he slowly turned around and left with Xue Song's support.

  Bei Feng whimpered, and the emperor's tired voice could be heard faintly: "Mr., regarding the etiquette and laws of the country, we cannot act too hastily."   

         Xue Youxiang said in an old way, "It will not be too late for Your Majesty to make a decision when the emperor's eldest grandson is born."   

"That's the case. Then wait for another two months."  

The emperor sighed. "I am so worried at the end of the year; the winter festival is coming soon; I am tired..."  

In the huge one in the hall, only Ning Tan was left paralyzed on the ground like mud, and her shadow was jumping on the wall like a ghost.   

Gradually, the despair spread wantonly, breeding open hatred.   

There are many banquets and entertainments at the end of the year.   

This dynasty was founded on the winter solstice a hundred years ago, so this day is the second most important festival after the Shangyuan Festival and is known as the "sub-year festival".  

This winter festival is as usual. The emperor ordered the Ministry of Rites to host a grand palace banquet to offer sacrifices to heaven and reward the civil and military officials for their loyalty and hard work over the past year.