Chapter 28: Caramel

Yu Lingxi raised her apricot eyes slightly to reflect the pool of spring water, and her eyelashes were seductive, as if they were dyed with ink lines.

With her fingertips around Ning Yin's black hair, she felt like she was possessed by a demon.

When she met Shang Ning Yin's eyes as deep as black ice, she hummed in her heart and slowly put down her hand as if she had come to her senses.

The strand of hair passed between her fingers, feeling cool and itchy like a feather.

"Miss just now."

Ning Yin maintained the posture of holding the paperweight in his hand, and after thinking about his words, Fang asked slowly, "Are you flirting with me?"

The wind wrinkled a pool of spring water, and the light gauze of the water pavilion stirred. Yu Lingxi felt the sweltering heat burn up again, and even the tips of her ears couldn't stop turning red.

It's hard for a cold-hearted person like him to know the word "flirting".

"Everyone has the love of beauty, and I can't help but praise it."

Yu Lingxi didn't know what she was talking about; she drooped her eyes a little uncomfortable. She simply gathered up the pen and got up and said, "I'll go change the pen."

After finishing speaking, he stopped looking at Ning Yin's expression and hurried away with the rice paper in his arms.

Ning Yin stood up straight and looked in the direction where Yu Lingxi's clothes disappeared.

Slightly dissatisfied, what is it like to run away after teasing?

He stood in the water pavilion for a while, raised his hand and twirled the twisted strand of black hair, thinking about it for a long time. A little interest fainted in his black eyes.

Since it looks good, why not touch it for a while?

He gave a very soft "tsk", stepped on the broken pen on the ground with his leather boots, and left with his hands behind his back in a good mood amidst the fragile sound of the jade shattering.

At the invisible corner of the garden, Yu Lingxi stopped and leaned gently against the fence.

She held the crumpled rice paper in one hand, the wet ink smudged into a ball in her arms, and covered her slightly hot cheeks to cool down with the other hand.

Just now, what happened?

Yu Lingxi was really puzzled; how could she say such frivolous words to Ning Yin in a flash of enthusiasm?

Could it be a bad habit left over from serving others in Israel in your previous life?

Clouds obscured the sun, and the cool breeze in late spring still couldn't dissipate the continuous body heat.

...

On the eighth Buddha Bathing Festival in early April, the gates of the temples in the city are wide open, chanting scriptures and giving alms, which is very lively.

In this dynasty, when worshiping the Buddha, every rich family would boil salt beans and sugar water and distribute them to passers-by to enjoy blessings at the Buddha Bathing Festival.

It was gloomy and strangely hot.

Yu Lingxi tidied herself up, leaned on the couch, shook her fan, and saw Hu Tao enter the door with a post.

"Miss, the post from Xue's residence must be to invite you to give alms together," Hu Tao said, happily submitting the invitation.

From her point of view, for such an important event as almsgiving on Buddha's Day, if the Xue family invites the young lady to come to the door, it is tantamount to admitting the marriage in front of everyone.