Chapter 40: Giving Medicine

It was late at night, Hu Tao and Nanny Ye were sleeping soundly in the next room, snoring.

  Yu Lingxi even forgot to put on her shoes. Her white stockings made no sound when she stepped on the wooden corridor.

  Such a heavy dose of calming soup could not suppress the toxicity at all. She was dizzy and dry, as if she were stepping on a cloud, stumbling and unable to discern the direction, and groping forward based on instinct alone.

  The road that usually takes half a cup of tea can be walked, but now it seems to be so long that there is no end in sight.

  Her feet softened, and Yu Lingxi fell to the ground while holding on to Yue Men. Darkness came from all directions like a tide, dragging her down like a whirlpool.

  She hated this feeling, but her body was out of control.

  The sound of uniform footsteps of the night patrol guards could be heard in the distance, and the lanterns of the night patrol loomed, approaching here.

  Yu Lingxi didn't have the strength to get up at all, and her plain white pajamas and skirt stood out in the night.

  She crushed her palms to pieces, and even thought to herself: Anyone can help her get out of her misery...

  A pair of very familiar leather boots appeared in her blurred and distorted vision.

  Yu Lingxi was startled. Looking up from the dark hem, she saw a very familiar face.

  The shadow of the moon was so pale that it fell on him like a layer of light frost.

  Meeting her distracted gaze, Ning Yin gave a very soft "tsk" sound, then squatted down for a while and said, "Why are you so stubborn, Miss?" Her voice

  was deep, as if she was displeased.

  The patrolling guard had already walked to the corridor, as if he would come over with a lantern at any time and see her in embarrassment.

  Yu Lingxi bit her lip and used her last strength to tighten her grip on Ning Yin's clothes.

  Ning Yin leisurely made no move until the patrolling footsteps reached the corner separated by a wall and the dark hem was pulled out of folds, and he did not make a move.

  He stretched out his arms to take Yu Lingxi into his arms and hid him in the cramped space behind the rockery in the corner.

  The shadow shrouded the body, and the dry smell of Ning Yin's body was undoubtedly a fatal temptation, reminding her of her previous two addictions.

  She let out an uncontrollable "woo", very softly, and then her mouth was covered and she was pressed into her arms.

  Ning Yin's low voice sounded from the top of her head, causing vibrations in her chest: "Shut up."

  Yu Lingxi bit her lower lip as the material of her clothes clung to her, burning in confusion.

  Almost at the same time, the guard held a lantern and shined it under the moon gate. The moonlight was quiet, and the gravel road was illuminated white.

  "It's strange, I just heard something moving." The voice was less than ten feet away.

  "Maybe it's the cat." Another person said.

  The guard stood for a while and then walked away.

  Yu Lingxi stretched her body to the extreme, and immediately went limp, and was caught by Ning Yin in time.