Chapter 30 - jealousy

In late spring, the long-prepared torrential rain came like a violent wave.

After several thunderstorms, the sky and the earth were devoured, and everything was blurred and misty in an instant.

I don't know how long it took; the rain gradually subsided, leaving only a little damp aftertaste, dripping from the roof gully.

The secret room was very quiet; only the intertwined breathing of each other could be heard.

The lamps and shadows on the wall were lingering; Yu Lingxi's cheeks were dyed with rouge; her chapped lips were rosy and watery; and even her eyelashes were wet in clusters.

The second poisoning was too uncomfortable; she seemed to die and come back to life again; her whole body was so dull that her bones were softened; her arms were weakly wrapped around Ning Yin's neck; and she sat in his arms to calm down the disordered breath.

Ning Yin still covered her eyes with an apricot-colored streamer, but the position of the streamer was not as straight as before, hanging crookedly over her eyes.

He raised his slender and powerful knuckles and slowly passed through Yu Lingxi's loose hair, as if to comfort, but also as if he were just playing casually.

"All right?"

Ning Yin lowered his head and followed her direction, with the crimson red still stained on his lips, which added a bit of color to his too-cold face.

Yu Lingxi nodded, sat up, supporting his chest, and silently adjusted the crumpled skirt.

She still had some unsteady breathing, and feathers scraped past her ears and the side of her neck, showing her restlessness at the moment.

Ning Yin leaned casually on the couch, her slender knuckles tapping on the edge of the couch one by one, and the corners of her lips curled into an invisible arc.

After using it, you won't deny your account, right?

But he did his job very well.

Just as he was thinking about it, he suddenly felt his eyes loosen, and then glaring light flooded into his field of vision.

Ning Yin subconsciously squinted her eyes slightly and saw the girl with slightly wet temples biting the crumpled streamer, looking at him with shining eyes.

Her face was still flushed, like a flower that had just bloomed, but her eyes had regained a little clarity, and she just pursed her lips and looked at him for a long time.

Is this Ning Yin?

Yu Lingxi was absent-minded for a moment: she couldn't even imagine what happened just now in her previous life.

"Miss can't; you want to commit suicide and apologize again?" Ning Yin raised her finger to hook away the streamer. She was nibbling between her teeth, and her voice was still slightly hoarse.

"No." Yu Lingxi shook her head as her thoughts returned.

When her breathing was not so short and hot, she moved her eyes away from Ning Yin's red lips.

After a pause, he added: "It has already happened, and death can't change anything."

Ning Yin twirled the streamer with a half-smile: "Miss hasn't lost anything, so it doesn't have to be so heavy."

Yu Lingxi didn't say a word; she just lowered her wet eyelashes, and without a word, she closed his clothes and smoothed his wrinkled lower garment.

The lower garment was wrinkled and a little wet, showing a small piece of dark color.