Chapter 29: attack

It has been cloudy for a few days, and the clouds are pressing down on the horizon like black ink. When the wind blows, a few raindrops will fall.

Gradually, the rain became heavier and heavier, crackling and splashing between the corrugated walls.

The pilgrims put up their sleeves to avoid the rain, and the eaves and the Buddhist hall were densely packed with people. Hu Tao and the guards came from east and west, respectively and joined Xue Cen.

"Have you found it?" Xue Cen couldn't hide his worry.

Walnut and the guards all shook their heads.

"Mr. Xue, what did you say to my lady?"

As soon as Hu Tao opened her mouth, the guards of the Yu Mansion pulled her sleeves and motioned for her not to make gaffes.

But the protector Hutao was eager, shook off the guard's hand and continued, "How could she have a good chat and leave suddenly?"

Xue Cen held the jade pendant that he hadn't given away in time, remembering Yu Lingxi's gentle and firm words, "Brother Cen is very good, but I never thought about getting married," in the courtyard after he kneeled down in front of the Yu family's parents to beg for marriage. Then let out unspeakable bitterness, mixed with anxiety and worry—really mixed feelings.

Could it be that he really scared her because of his passion?

But she once clearly said that she likes men who are gentle and talented.

"Look elsewhere."

The guard said, "Miss's carriage is still here; it won't go far."

Hu Tao looked around the tower of the Buddha Hall with a bitter face: "Where can Miss go in such a heavy rain?"

On the high platform in front of the temple, more than a dozen eminent monks stood still in the heavy rain, still closing their eyes and piously chanting sutras to overcome the disaster.

The bell stopped, the rain was getting thicker, and the damp and cool air came in through the cracks in the window, but Yu Lingxi still felt hot and hot.

It was as if her bones were softened, and the smoke made her dizzy.

Ning Yin took her pulse and gave her an unknown bitter pill, but it still didn't work, and the effect of the medicine was higher than that of the medicine.

"Wei Qi."

She looked at the young man with a cold and blurred face in front of her. She clearly wanted to explain, but she unconsciously clung to him and hurriedly said in a hoarse voice, "I have never eaten something of unknown origin."

When she went out today, she didn't even take a sip of tea outside; she didn't know what went wrong.

"Well, I know."

Ning Yin let her lean on her and withdrew his fingers from her pulse. "It should be the fragrance of the medicine from last time."

The corners of Yu Lingxi's eyes were red, and she bit her lip in a daze.

The last crisis has clearly passed; why is it still happening?

Ning Yin saw her doubts but thought of a medicinal fragrance that she had heard in the fairy capital of the Desire Realm, called "Blissful Fragrance", which could make people sink three times and couldn't stop.

If Yu Lingxi was caught by this kind of incense, then the second attack was far from something she could resist with willpower alone.

"The solution... the antidote..."