German

Requested by -Magic-Man-

Sorry if anything's wrong I don't know German- everything in German is from google translate!

//- Third person -\\

When Dreams family moved, you would assume that they would have just moved house right?

Nah.

Dreams family countries. He was born in Germany and fluently spoke German. English was his second language, so when he moved there was quite a struggle and a large language barrier.

You also may be wondering why Dreams family moved right?

They moved because all of their family members were moving as well and they just thought it would be nice for the family to live somewhere that Is warmer.
That's what Dream was told anyway, but he assumed that there was a secret reason they moved that his mother and father never spoke of.

Dream has yet to tell anyone but Sapnap that he is from Germany, really only speaking it to his family.

Currently George was moving from the UK to the USA, to live with Dream. They had been dating for a couple of months and had been friends for years before.

Dream had a sneaking suspicion that one day George is going to find out about his "secret" language and past.

//- Dream -\\

My phone went off from the kitchen counter, where I left it as I was currently making food. I looked over at it and saw that it was from his mother, ringing me. She called me at least once a day, which i didn't mind since it was nice speaking to her. I know that she also called my siblings every day.

I quickly answered the phone, placing it against my ear.

"Hallo Mama."
(Hi mum)

"Hallo Clay, geht es dir gut?"
(Hi Clay, are you ok?)

"Mir geht es gut, Mama, wie geht es dir und Papa? Ist er immer noch krank?"
(I'm ok mom, how are you and dad? Is he still sick?)

"Du kennst deinen Vater. Es wird ihm gut gehen. Ich verspreche, es dir zu sagen, wenn etwas passiert."
(you know your dad. He'll be fine. I promise to tell you if something happens)

I laughed and began to speak to my mother, mostly in German with the odd English phrase. My mother said she preferred to speak to us in German, which I obviously understood.

"Wie geht es George? Gewöhnt er sich an Amerika?"
(How's George doing? He getting used to America?)

"Es geht ihm gut, Mama. Wir gewöhnen uns gerade daran, auch zusammen zu sein."
(He's ok mom. We're just getting used to being together as well.)

"Gut, gut. Du musst uns ihn bald treffen lassen.
(Good, good. You need to let us meet him soon.)

"Ich werde Mama. Vielleicht irgendwann bald. Ich muss aber gehen. George wird bald aufstehen."
(I will mom. Maybe sometime soon. I've got to go though. George will be up soon.)

"Okay, Süße. Wir sehen uns bald. Tschüss."
(Ok sweetie. I'll see you soon. Bye bye.)

"Tschüss Mama."
(Bye mom.)

I cancelled the phone call and continued to make whatever food I was making; that had been laid out on the counter for about 10 minutes.
As I finished, I could feel arms wrap around my waist. I smiled and nuzzled my head back, knowing it was George.

"Morning baby.. how long have you been up?"

"Morning George. Not long- sorry if I woke you, my mom called me."

"No it's fine.. also- Du weißt, dass ich Deutsch sprechen kann, meine Liebe?"
(You know I can speak German right my love?)

I blushed and turned around, shocked that George actually knew and could speak German. I nuzzled my head in his shoulder, hiding away as he muttered into my ear.

"Baby. Verstecke dich nicht vor mir."
(Baby. Don't hide from me.)

I shook my head as George's hand wrapped around my hips, rubbing them softly. I blushed and showed my face again, not wanting to look into George's eyes. I sighed as he picked me up, me still holding my food. He carried me into the living room and sat us down (me being in George's lap).

"Baby where did you learn German?"

"I was born in Germany, then when I was eleven me and my family moved here. I speak to my family in German though; since that's most of our first languages."

George nodded at me and rubbed my cheek, taking a bit of my food and eating it.

"Where'd you learn German?"

I spoke as I bit into a pit of my food, looking into George's eyes.

"High school. It was mandatory in my GCSEs so. Guess I'm just lucky to have a German boyfriend."

I groaned and placed the plate next to us, leaning back into his chest. As i did I could feel his hands rub my back slowly, making me feel extremely loved.

"Also baby. I'd love to meet your parents."

I could practically hear the smirk that he had on his face, making me groan and wrap my hands around his neck.

"Shut up George.."

//- End -\\

880 words

I hope this was ok and I'm sorry if any of the words are wrong 😭 I don't speak German and as I said at the start of the chapter everything was off of Google Translate.

I hope you enjoyed!

Suggestions——>

BYEE