Our memories

Requested by Capybara_box

go check them out pls their books are great- (idk what pronouns they use so I'm using they/them)

Sorry for the cringy song choice but- I'll let you know when to play it.

Song lyrics "_____"
Flashbacks "_____"

Song: Photograph, Ed Sheeran

TW/CW: implied character death

//- George -\\

I coughed, sitting in my hospital bed wondering if anything would change before i died.
I'm not stupid. I may be old and colourblind but I am not stupid. I know I'm dying.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing my daughter Emma and her own children (who were twins) ; Rosa and Olly.

"Grandpa!"

The two youngest ran towards me and jumped onto the bed. I huffed and laughed as they bombarded me with questions of when I was going back home. I look sorrowfully at Emma, seeing his bright smile fade. I saw that she was holding a gift, wrapped in white tissue paper.

"Hi dad. How are you?"

"Alive. For now."

Emma looked at me with a stern look but still having a smile on her face.

"I was going through everything at the old house and I found this.. I thought I'd give it to you."

She handed me the box and allowed me to unwrap it. As I did I threw the paper, seeing the Twins grab it and begin playing. I laughed and looked back at the box, feeling my old usually empty face light up shock, sadness and happiness.

The box was decorated with mine and Dream (my husband's) hand prints in our signature colours. The box read;

Clay and Georgie,

Our memories <3

I began to tear up as I opened the Box, looking through all of the pictures.

(Play the song pls!)

As I looked through the photos, I dug to the bottom, knowing the ones of our early childhood would be there.
Not to my surprise; there they

I could feel my heart ache as I looked through our childhood memories; the pictures being taken by our parents.

Loving can hurt.

Loving can hurt sometimes, but it is the only thing that I know.

When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes. It is the only thing that makes us feel alive.

The pictures consisted of us at playgrounds and picnics. Even just in each others houses. I remember we were inseparable.

We keep this love in a photograph. We made these memories for ourselves.

Where our eyes are never closing, hearts are never broken and times forever frozen still.

My daughter placed her hand onto my shoulder as I moved onto our teenage memories. These pictures being taken by ourselves.

So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans. Holding me closer until our eyes meet.
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home.

The teenage photos were mixed with before and after me and Clay, got together. The one I enjoyed the most was the picture we had took at our first date... 
It was a cute little picnic. One of my favourites.