57.

Wait a minute Kait.
What? Why?
We don't know if she knows about this.
My grandma no!
That night we were all at the table, and everyone around me was busy talking to each other.
I only had to think about the conversation with Luciano, and how he suspects my grandmother has something to do with it.
I can't imagine it, but yeah my feeling has often let me down.
Was my grandmother really angry with Giovani for almost killing me or just because it didn't work out?
So many questions, but no answers.
Maybe my grandmother was just like grandpa proud of their family name, and she just as much wanted my mother to choose the old mayor, but if she wanted me dead why didn't she try it sooner?
She has had so many opportunities.
I just can't imagine grandma knowing about this.
I would like to take you back to the mainland because you might need to be there I suddenly heard Luciano say to my grandmother.
Sorry sir, but I want to be here for my granddaughter she needs me, and there must be someone who keeps an eye on the sail she sputtered a bit.
Grandma it's good maybe you can be of use there, yes but..
Oh you don't know yet I said before she could finish her sentence.
They caught the stalker I said while closely watching her reaction.
That's good news, she said when she seemed slightly startled, which makes me anxious that she's not as innocent as I hoped.
Because you know that person, they want to see if you can pick up some information so that they can use it against him.
Oh yes of course grandma told me who seemed to be recovering quickly.
Luciano looked at me, and saw that I also saw that grandma reacted a bit strangely to me.
I hope for you I'm wrong Luciano whispered in my ears.
They left the same evening.
I've never felt so lonely as I am now.
I really can't trust anyone, I thought bitterly.
I filled my days with training with the men, and even learned to use weapons.
Would I use it?
Never, but it's a good distraction.
Moments when I had nothing to do I sat with the phone in my hands, and I had to stop myself from calling Giovanni.
I really miss him a lot, and although it was painful he actually didn't do anything wrong, because we're not together.
It was really a mess in my head with everything that's going on now.
I understand from Luciano that there is still nothing to indicate that my grandmother knows anything about this, and I am really happy about that.
If I couldn't even trust my own grandmother, who else could I trust on this earth.
A week later I got a phone call that I could return home.
I was really so happy, but at the same time I will miss the people here mafia or not.
We said out goodbyes  before my flight back, and the same evening I was in the helicopter.
In the middle of the night I came home again, and everything Giovanni had from me was neatly on the table and I have my own business in my hands again.
The letter said I had to change my details so that he can't get into it anymore.
There was also an envelope with my name on it.

Bella,
This was it, you don't have to be afraid anymore, and can calmly pick up your life again.
This is the least I can do for you after what I did to you.
I'm glad you survived.
But I want you to know my feelings for you were sincere, and I regret the day I broke your heart.
I'm not going to make excuses, it happened, and I can't turn it back.Ik wil je trouwens zeggen dat je Grandma is innocent, and that it was quite a shock to her that your grandfather is still alive.
Take it easy beautiful.

Lots of love Giovani.