Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 26

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 26

“Welcome to our humble abode,” smiled Alex, leading Lucy into the large clearing.

Archer was laughing at something towards the edge of the clearing, but Alex couldn’t figure out what as he led Lucy towards the camp site.

He saw Lucy grimace and shut her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“That,” she muttered, pointing towards a thin tree where Seth was currently doing his business under.

“Awh Seth! Can you please not do that, we have a guest,” said Archer, still laughing at the awkwardness of the situation.

Seth turned around and his eyes widened in shock.

He quickly pulled up his pants, covering his bottom half.

“I’m so sorry Lucy,” said Alex. “You really didn’t need to see that.”

“Someone could have warned me!” yelled Seth, walking back out to the clearing.

“Where are the others?” asked Archer.

Seth nodded his head towards the fold out table, where Tyler, Dan and Ryan were gathered around a map.

The trio walked over to the table and waited to be acknowledged.

Tyler looked up and grinned at them.

“Hey there, you guys certainly took your time!”

“Yeah, well we’re here now...and Lucy’s volunteered to cook tonight, so you get the night off,” said Alex.

Tyler smiled happily, finally he got the night off.

“Thanks,” he said, looking back down at the map. “Archer we need to talk to you about tomorrow night.”

“What’s happening tomorrow night?” asked Lucy.

Alex took her hand.

“I’ll fill you in as I help with the cooking. It’s a little tricky since it’s an open fire...but you’ll get the hang of it.”

Lucy nodded.

“Let’s get started then.”

Archer smiled gratefully at Alex as the pair walked off to the makeshift kitchen. It was good to keep Lucy out of the really dangerous stuff – he didn’t want to worry her about Marian, or Alex for that matter.

He sat down next to Tyler as Seth came back from the trees.

“So what’s happened while I was away?” asked Archer.

Ryan spoke up.

“Lucas came to quickly deliver a map he and Marian had managed to trace out – although they nearly got caught according to what Tyler heard from Lucas. So now we’ve just been deciding the easiest way to get in and out unscathed.”

Archer nodded, looking at the map.

“What’s your idea?” he asked.

Seth pointed to the study, then the faint line that ran down until it got to the front door.

“We enter through the front door and any alarms that might be activated Marian should be able to turn off. Next, we go through the down stairs living room and turn to the left, then to the right. After that we got up the stairs and turn to our left and walk down the corridor until we reach the study, which is this room here,” said Seth.