Something Worth Fighting For Epilogue

• Dedicated to All my amazing fans, this novel goes out to all of you

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Epilogue – Four Months Later

A lot had changed in a few short months.

Lachlan and his organisation had been exposed and everyone who had been involved in his high profile gang had been arrested and brought before a judge. At first it was believed it would be very difficult to see who had been involved in Lachlan’s organisation, thus it would be tricky to hand out penalties to all of the alleged suspects.

Fortunately, with the help of one particular symbol that all of his men had tattooed onto their arms; it turned out to be an easy way of identifying who was involved.

All his assets were taken from him, and a thorough investigation was carried out. Lachlan had covered up his tracks, but a few weeks exposed many new things. Even within the police force half a dozen officers were sent to prison under corruption charges. People in the town came forward as witnesses and testified against the organisation and the many crimes Lachlan and his men had committed.

Lucy helped the authorities with the evidence she had collected, and was used as a key witness in Lachlan’s trail. She even managed to keep her promise to the man from the club. It turns out she did in fact meet him again - when he was being lead into the court room. Lucy flashed him her best smile and winked at him, laughing to herself about the irony of it all. This of course made Alex a little jealous, who had not left her side once he was reunited with her.

Lucas decided to go to university to study law and justice, in the hope of one day becoming a police officer. Needless to say, he wouldn’t need to look very far for a job offer.

Hamish gave up drinking all together after a bet with Archer one night. He keeps in regular contact with all of the boys, and has a barbeque at his house every month.

Tyler is always the first to arrive, as he loves a good free meal. He was offered a job at a local restaurant and gladly accepted the role.

Seth also found work after the trails, but as a car mechanic. His friends often joke it's because he loves getting his hands dirty. That statement also has a little bit of truth to it.

Dan got to go live in Italy for a few months as an exchange student in the hope of learning the language and meeting foreign girls.

Ryan heard about this grand scheme and plans to join him very soon.

After the trials concluded Lachlan and Guy were sentenced to life in prison. When the verdict was read out Lachlan promised revenge, although he could not elaborate on that threat. Perhaps he was silenced when he looked over at the young woman in the room. The one with the deep blue eyes, chocolate brown hair and fiery spirit that he never could break. The one who had testified against him and boldly shared her terrible experiences he had forced her to endure. The same woman who stood hand in hand with Archer, her boyfriend and one true love.

                                                                    ***

Archer and Marian walked hand in hand, casually strolling through the park. It was a cold winter’s morning, but Archer had insisted they go for a nice long walk. Slowly they had rebuilt the love they had lost and were at a point where both believed they would remain by one another’s side for as long as they lived.

Archer looked around and pulled Marian over to a park bench seat. He sat her down carefully and stood back up, looking down at her nervously. His hand was in his pocket, fiddling with a small velvet box. He chewed on his lip thoughtfully, tossing up wether he was doing the right thing or whether he was being totally foolish.

“Marian,” he began slowly. “I need to ask you something important.”

Marian looked up at him with a small frown on her face.

“Sure,” she replied.

“Please don’t frown at me though. You’re making me more nervous.”

Marian quickly changed her expression to a goofy smile.

“Is that better?” she giggled.

Archer nodded.

He took one last look around and saw no one else was there to disturb him or Marian.

"Here we go," he mumbled to himself. 

Archer slowly bent down and got onto one knee, looking Marian right in the eye.

“Are you okay?” she asked worriedly. “Have you hurt yourself?”

Archer laughed and shook his head.

“Marian, my dearest Marian. Throughout these past few months we’ve gradually rebuilt the relationship we had three years ago. During this time my love for you has only grown stronger, especially when I look at past events and see how you’ve carried yourself and others through them.”

Marian looked more confused than ever.

“Is something the matter?” she questioned.

Archer ignored her question and continued.

“When you were taken away from me I was so worried I’d never be able to hold your hand or even see your beautiful smile again. You don’t know how many times the boys had to stop me from doing something rash.”

“Men who are in love do crazy things,” smiled Marian.

“Well then I hope you don’t find this too crazy. Now that I have you again, I never want to leave your side...which leads me to ask you a very important question.”

Archer reached into his pocket and pulled out the small velvet box, praying he could get the right words out.

“Marian,” he whispered, opening the box and holding it out to her. “Will you marry me?”

Marian had to stop herself from jumping in surprise. She covered her mouth with her hands and looked at him in shock. She felt tears pricking the corners of her eyes and she looked down at the engagement ring in the box. It was made of silver, and had two overarching curls that held a diamond in place, with small ones scattered over the two curved pieces of silver.

Marian smiled and nodded eagerly.

“Yes, I will marry you,” she replied as Archer took the ring and placed it on the correct finger. Once it was in place, Archer lifted Marian off the park bench and spun her around in his arms – the two of them laughing with joy at the prospect of a new chapter in their lives.

Later on, Marian would take a better look at the engagement ring and would look on the inside to see words engraved into it. Those words read – ‘Something Worth Fighting For’.