Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 17

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 17

Lachlan threw open the door and looked at the room.

His eyes focused immediately on Marian, who appeared to be sleeping peacefully in the bed.

She opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“Is something the matter?” she asked innocently.

Lachlan looked at Lucas, then back at Marian.

He walked over to Marian, gazing down at her.

“Oh! Did Lucas tell you the bad news?” she asked, trying to keep her voice even.

‘Now it’s time to see how smart he is according to Archer’s standards,’ thought Marian.

“No, he did not,” said Lachlan, looking over at Lucas.

“I was walking in the garden about an hour after I called you, and I did something really stupid. I accidently dropped the phone on the ground and it kind of got ruined. I’m really sorry Lachy,” she said, getting tears in her eyes – more out of fear than through anything else.

Lachlan sighed.

He embraced her in a hug and whispered, “It’s okay, I can easily get you a new one.”

“Oh no, it’s my fault for dropping it, I don’t need one.”

“It’s okay Marian – as long as you tell the truth you won’t get in trouble,” he said, kissing her forehead.

Marian struggled not to turn around and ram his head into a wall.

She could hear certain words being uttered from outside the door while she had been frantically changing back into her normal clothes and hiding the other ones.

He definitely wouldn’t simply kiss her forehead if he knew where she’d really been all this time.

“Let’s go down to dinner,” he said, putting her hand in his and walking her to the door.

She smiled gratefully at Lucas who looked relieved to see her back.

                                                                    ***

“You’re back!” exclaimed Tyler, running up to Archer.

He nodded wearily.

“Everything okay?” asked Dan.

“He’s thinking of Marian, leave him be,” said Seth.

“What’s for dinner?” asked Archer.

“Ah, it’s sort of a mix of everything left over,” said Tyler sheepishly.

“Sounds interesting,” said Archer.

He looked away from his friends and looked out at the sunset.

‘I wonder what Marian’s doing right at this moment.’

                                                                    ***

Marian could feel Lachlan’s eyes on her and was beginning to worry.

What if he’d changed his mind and was going to force himself onto her? Would she let him – out of fear of being punished more? Or would she fight him back – hence showing him she was not a little doll that could be pushed around so easily.

Her thoughts were interrupted by his voice.

“You’re really hot,” he said with a creepy smile plastered on his face.