Chapter 12 - shake

Start from the beginning

Bamboo brushes are judged by lacquer color, while jade brushes are judged by carvers. Such fine jade carving brushes can be seen as coming from the hands of famous masters, which took a lot of effort.

"Brother Cen, this is too precious." Yu Lingxi's first reaction was to refuse.

Xue Cen's posture remained unchanged, and he said in a gentle voice: "But I got it by chance. I remembered that my second sister is good at calligraphy and painting, so I bought it on my initiative. If my second sister doesn't like it, it means that I have mishandled things."

Having said that, it would be unreasonable to refuse.

Yu Lingxi had no choice but to take it with both hands and say with a smile: "It's disrespectful; thank you, Brother Cen."

"It's fine if you like it." Xue Cen looked into her smiling eyes; his ears were slightly red.

But in the end, there was a trace of loneliness in my heart.

The pretty girl in front of him is still close and sincere to him, but she is not as admiring as before, and the shy pink is no longer on her small face.

I haven't seen her for three months. She seems to have grown up a lot and is calmer, more beautiful, and...more distant.

Not only Xue Cen, but Yu Xinyi also noticed something was wrong.

"Sui Sui, did Xue Cen make you unhappy?" After returning to the room, the sisters were reminiscing, and Yu Xinyi asked.

Yu Lingxi rolled her almond eyes: "Why did my sister say that?"

With her ponytail tied high, Yu Xinyi untied her saber sat behind the desk, and said with a sassy smile, "Didn't you always run after Xue Cen like a little tail? Today you were so quiet, and you left without saying a word." ."

"Really?" Yu Lingxi looked surprised. "I used to always run after him."

Yu Xinyi smiled: "Blind people can see that kind of admiration at the beginning of love."

Yu Lingxi recalled it for a while, but the memory of Xue Cen's youth in her previous life seemed to be covered by a layer of fog, making it difficult to distinguish.

What she remembered was the night when she was alone and helpless and was forced to paint her eyebrows and dress up as a sacrifice to the palace. Only Xue Cen rushed over on horseback and begged for her all night in the heavy rain outside the Prince Regent's palace.

It was after the incident at Zhao's birthday banquet that Xue Cen took on all the responsibilities in prison, but two of his fingers were broken.

Yu Lingxi will always accept his love.

Seeing the gentle Xue Cen again, Yu Lingxi was naturally happy, as if the debt and guilt that had tortured her for so long had instantly healed at this moment.

But other than that, she has no other charming feelings.

That feeling is like...

Yu Lingxi turned her attention to the pepper powder and refreshments on the table and came up with an inappropriate metaphor: it was like, after experiencing the pungent pepper powder, it was difficult to taste the taste of porridge.

I don't know when Xue Cen began to exist like an older brother in her heart.

"What are you thinking about?" Yu Xinyi leaned forward and recalled her thoughts.

Yu Lingxi came back to her senses, put the precious white jade purple pen on the pen holder, blinked, and said with a smile: "I'm thinking about when Brother Cen will become my brother-in-law."