Chapter 8 - soft heart

Começar do início

...

Ning Yin hadn't dreamed of that woman for a long time.

He walked in the wet, cold, and dark dreamland until a familiar palace gate appeared in front of him. A warm light came out of the crack in the door, illuminating the mottled bloodstains in front of the steps.

He ignored the bloodstains and walked up the stone steps. The palace gate automatically opened slowly in front of his eyes, and in the dazzling orange-gold light sea sat a woman in palace clothes with winding long hair.

Seeing Ning Yin, the woman turned a fuzzy face, opened her hands towards him, and said with a sickly smile: "Yin'er, come here, Mother Concubine and Mother Concubine will take you away."

For a person whose body temperature is rapidly dropping, the warm light and embrace are undoubtedly a fatal attraction.

But Ning Yin didn't move at all and even laughed mockingly: "No."

"Why?" The woman's voice was somewhat resentful.

"Because," he said with his thin lips slightly parted, almost masochistic, "you are already dead."

The smile on the corner of the woman's mouth froze instantly.

A dagger appeared on her chest, and the blood quickly smeared and spread along the skirt of her beautifully embroidered clothes, like a tumulus blooming.

Ning Yin woke up with eyes wide open amidst the blood, and the roof of the carriage shook slightly first.

His first reaction was to touch the short blade in the sleeve, but he touched the soft mattress, and his body was covered with a petite moon-white cloak that belonged to the girl's family.

The bleeding had stopped, and the broken bones in his chest had been healed and wrapped in thick bandages.

The warm fragrance filled the small space, which was incompatible with the strong smell of blood on his body.

The sweet, soft, girly fragrance was something he had smelled twice before.

Ning Yin recalled the astonishment she saw for the last time before she fell into a coma. She turned her head slightly and saw a slender figure sitting against the wall of the car, far away from him.

Her eyelashes were half down, and behind the slightly swaying veil covering her face, a pair of beautiful autumn eyes were looming, showing extreme warmth under the shadow of the lamp.

Behind the veil, there is an incomparably beautiful face hidden.

The owner of those eyes noticed that he was awake and was startled.

Yu Lingxi didn't expect Ning Yin to wake up so quickly. An ordinary person would either die or be disabled by such an injury, and at least would be in a coma for a day or two.

But Ning Yin only woke up after being in a coma for less than a quarter of an hour. There was a glimmer of light in her dark and beautiful eyes, which made her feel numb.

Yu Lingxi frowned, and her tenderness turned into sullenness.

"Are you awake?" The voice was also very angry, and he didn't know who he was angry with.

She is a contradictory and interesting woman; every time she sees her, she is either shocked or angry.

But every time she comes to the rescue, she is also the one.

What's more, the surname Yu is not common, and there is only one family in the entire capital who can afford to use such a master in the army as a bodyguard...