Into the light: shadows disperse

As the ninth month began, Scarlett stopped going to the office because she didn't want to leave Abigail alone during this crucial time.

On weekend, Arianna came to the penthouse to visit them, Scarlett asked,

"How's business going? I'll attend the meeting tomorrow."

Abigail glanced at Scarlett with a sideways look and replied,

"Arianna, could you kindly give me the number of the best divorce lawyer? If your sister ditches me this time, I'll make sure to sign the divorce papers before giving birth."

Arianna burst into laughter, and Scarlett rushed over to Abigail, knelt in front of her, and rested her head on Abigail's lap, whimpering like a child,

"Abby, please don't say that. I promise I'm not going anywhere. I can't live without you."

Abigail smiled and affectionately tousled Scarlett's hair.

After a few days, Scarlett called Arianna and urgently said,

"Arianna, you need to come to the hospital. I'm really... umm... I hope you understand. I mean, please come quickly."

Scarlett was stuttering, but Arianna understood the situation and reassured her,

"Don't panic, I'll be there."

Scarlett rushed Abigail to the car, her hands trembling.

Abigail was in pain, and Scarlett struggled to open the car door.

Abigail yelled,

"Scarlett, what are you doing? Please open it quickly. I can't handle this pain anymore. Do you want me to give birth in this parking lot?"

John, sensing the urgency, came over and opened the car door.

Scarlett helped Abigail sit and sat beside her in the back seat.

Scarlett held Abigail's hand tightly as Abby gripped Scarlett's hand forcefully, unable to bear the excruciating pain.

Scarlett tried to comfort her, saying,

"Babe, calm down. Everything will be alright."

But Abigail yelled,

"Your baby is about to come out and tearing me apart, and you want me to calm down. Ahhhh... I can't take it anymore."

They reached the hospital and took Abigail to the labor room.

Scarlett held Abby's hand tightly and reassured,

"I'm here, my love. Just a few more minutes."

The doctors kept urging,

"Push a little more."

Suddenly, everyone turned when they saw Scarlett collapse on the floor.

Abigail lifted her head in pain and said,

"Are you serious, Scarlett?"

Despite Scarlett's momentary collapse, Abigail summoned the strength to push a little harder, and the baby was born.

The nurse helped Scarlett, taking her out of the labor room.

Outside, Arianna, Lucas, and Scarlett's mother were waiting.

They settled Scarlett in the waiting area.

Arianna playfully teased,

"It feels like you're about to deliver a baby instead of Abigail."

Scarlett, still catching her breath, replied,

"Just stop it, Arianna. There are a lot of medicine smells, so I lost my balance."