Hidden desires

In a hushed tone, Abigail asked,

"Scarlett, what are you doing?"

A playful smirk graced Scarlett's lips as she responded,

"Nothing much, just wishing you a good night."

With those words, Scarlett planted a kiss on Abigail's cheek before heading to the washroom for a shower.

Abigail remained standing, utterly stunned by Scarlett's unexpected actions.

Her emotions were a mix of annoyance and surprise, and she muttered to herself,

"How can you play with me like this? You're going to regret it."

Carrying her vexation with her, Abigail retreated to the room and settled down to sleep.

***

The following day, Scarlett took the initiative to organize a team dinner for Abigail's team.

Just before Abigail's departure, Scarlett reassured her,

"Don't worry about the kids. I'll take care of our little ones. You go ahead and enjoy with your friends, but do try not to be too late."

Abigail acknowledged Scarlett's words with a nod and headed towards her team.

The team dinner proved to be a success, creating an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.

As the evening unfolded, some of Abigail's colleagues invited her to join them for karaoke.

Abigail decided to go along, and they all headed to a karaoke venue for more fun.

Scarlett found herself engrossed in the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, a story of a man who had played a role in preventing Donald Trump's bankruptcy.

Lost in its pages, Scarlett suddenly noticed the time on the clock – it was 1:00 am.

Anxious thoughts swirled in her mind as she mused,

"Why is she so late? Abigail isn't usually careless. I hope everything's okay."

As Scarlett's mind raced with concerns, the bedroom door swung open and Abigail entered the room.

However, Abigail's gait seemed unsteady, causing further worry to settle in Scarlett's heart.

Concerned, Scarlett addressed her,

"Abigail, I sent you out for dinner, not for drinks."

She moved towards Abigail, intending to assist her, but Abigail pushed her away and headed straight for the closet.

Scarlett stood just outside the closet, her worry escalating when Abigail didn't emerge even after several minutes.

After a short while, Scarlett knocked on the closet door and asked with genuine concern,

"Hey! Is everything alright, Abby?"

However, there was no response.

Scarlett cautiously pushed the closet door open, revealing a sight that brought a smile to her lips.

There stood Abigail, her head stuck in a shirt she was trying to put on.

Scarlett approached her with amusement and gently advised,

"Abigail, hold on. You can't put it on like that. First, you need to unbutton it, otherwise your head won't fit through."

With Scarlett's assistance, Abigail managed to wear the shirt properly.