Dont take me otherwise #1

Scarlett emerged from the shower, her heart skipping a beat at the heartwarming scene before her.

Her two kids sat at the dining table in their uniforms, while Abigail moved about in the kitchen.

Abby's frustrated voice snapped her out of her reverie,

"Are you just going to stand there staring, or will you join us at the table for breakfast?"

Embarrassment-tinged Scarlett's expression as she shuffled to the table and took a seat.

Abigail placed a plate in front of her, her annoyance still evident.

"I don't know if your tastes have changed, but I've made toast and eggs for you, along with your black coffee."

Scarlett's fingers gently clasped Abigail's hand as she replied, a soft smile on her lips,

"I've always had the same taste."

Unbeknownst to Scarlett, Abigail muttered under her breath,

"Such a flirt."

Scarlett's smirk was swift, a playful glint in her eyes, as she released Abigail's hand.

Abigail's gaze shifted to her son, Raphael, who sat at the table, his hands folded and his food untouched.

She sighed softly, her voice carrying a hint of concern as she addressed him,

"Raphael, why aren't you eating? I have promise you, I will take you for horse riding."

Raphael didn't look at his mother, his focus unwavering.

His words held determination,

"Mommy, I want to go for horse riding at this weekend. You always promise but never take me there. If I had daddy like Austin, he will definitely take me."

Abigail's eyes darted to Scarlett; their shared glance heavy with unspoken emotions.

It felt as though Scarlett's gaze accused her, conveying a message of

"It's all your fault."

Abigail moved closer to her young son, planting a gentle kiss on his temple.

She spoke softly, her voice full of regret,

"Sweetheart, I don't know how to make you understand that Mommy is really busy. I talked to Uncle Jasper, but he's tied up right now. I'm really sorry, baby."

Raphael's response was laced with frustration, his tone carrying a hint of anger,

"But Uncle Jasper isn't my dad."

Scarlett was annoyed with this because she also hates that part why Abigail suggests the name of that hamster.

Not wanting to see her son so disheartened, Scarlett was determined to turn the situation around.

She spoke up, her voice carrying a newfound enthusiasm,

"Raphael, I'll take you and Isabella there. So, just be ready at the weekend."

Raphael's downcast expression lifted, his eyes lighting up at Scarlett's offer.

His excitement was palpable as he exclaimed,

"Really? You'll take me for horse riding?"

He leaped from his chair, rushing towards Scarlett and enveloping her in a tight, joy-filled hug.

Once breakfast was over, the children grabbed their packed bags, but Scarlett gently took them from their hands.

She spoke softly, her voice carrying a hint of vulnerability,

"Could I walk you to the bus stop where you catch your school bus?"

Excitement sparkled in their eyes as both kids chorused,

"Yes!"

Isabella grabbed Scarlett's hand, and together they made their way to the main door.

Abigail watched, slightly taken aback by her children's enthusiasm.

It was as though they had momentarily forgotten their mother's presence, lost in their excitement with Scarlett.

Scarlett turned her head, sensing Abigail's hesitation, and asked,

"Abigail, are you coming along?"

Without uttering a word, Abigail followed them, her steps slightly reluctant.

As the school bus pulled up, the kids bid their farewells, and Raphael's voice rang out with a reminder,

"Don't forget about our deal!"

Scarlett replied with an assuring smile,

"Of course, my little champ. I'll be there, and together, we'll do a lot of fun."

Once the bus had disappeared from view, Scarlett turned her attention to Abigail.

She followed her back towards the house, her determination unshaken.

Abigail abruptly stopped and turned to face Scarlett, her tone edged with firmness,

"Why are you following me? I don't want you in my house or near my children."

Scarlett met Abigail's gaze head-on, her eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions.

She responded with equal resolve,

"What do you mean, 'your' children? They're mine too, and we need to discuss this."

Abigail interrupted, her voice laced with frustration,

"We have nothing to talk about. I'll handle things with my hospital, and I won't be working with you anymore."

With those words, Abigail headed toward her apartment, leaving Scarlett standing there, watching her go.

The weight of their unresolved issues hung heavily in the air.

.