Forever by tour side

Scarlett stood in the parking area, waiting for Abigail by her car.

Sporting sunglasses and a smile, she looked forward to seeing Abigail.

However, her anticipation turned into confusion as Abigail, instead of approaching the car, started walking along the roadside.

Scarlett's mind raced,

"Where's she headed? Did she not notice me?"

Reacting quickly, Scarlett hurried toward Abigail, calling out,

"Abby, wait! Where are you going?"

Abigail halted and replied with a touch of irritation,

"Didn't I tell you I'm heading to the office?"

Perplexed, Scarlett responded,

"I know you're going to the office. I am too. Let's go together."

Annoyed, Abigail curtly responded,

"No, I can manage on my own. I don't want people to see us together."

Attempting to reason, Scarlett said,

"Come on, Abby. Eventually, everyone will find out that you're my wife."

Abigail countered,

"And that's precisely why I don't want to be seen with you. I'm already running late."

As Abigail began walking away, Scarlett's frustration boiled over, and she retorted,

"Fine, do whatever you want. I've never met someone as stubborn as you in my life."

Abigail didn't respond, simply continuing in her chosen direction.

Returning to the car, Scarlett slid into the driver's seat, frustration simmering within her.

A surge of emotion made her slam her palm against the steering wheel, muttering,

"Damn it."

Unable to contain her resolve, she hastily exited the car and set off in pursuit of Abigail.

She spotted Abigail boarding a bus and raced toward it, reaching the vehicle just before the doors closed.

Gasping for breath, Scarlett quickly found her way to the back seat and settled down beside Abigail.

As Abigail was in the midst of adjusting herself, Scarlett appeared at her side, still catching her breath.

Abigail, her surprise evident, questioned,

"What are you doing here?"

Scarlett met her gaze, equally breathless, and replied,

"Exactly what you're doing."

The bus ride that followed was marked by an uneasy silence, neither of them exchanging words as they shared the journey without any verbal communication between them.

***

As the days passed, Scarlett tirelessly attempted to chip away at Abigail's resolve, but her efforts met a stony resistance.

Abigail remained steadfast, refusing to show any signs of softening.

Scarlett's endeavors, no matter how sincere, proved fruitless in changing Abigail's stance.

Amidst this tension, Grey Enterprise was engrossed in a crucial project.

The need for a compelling presentation and an in-depth understanding of the entire process became paramount.