Chapter 84

On my third morning back I was woken up with a sharp knock to my door, thankfully Grayson had left early to swim. After we hooked up at the game yesterday he spent the night in my room and we spooned ourselves to sleep. Grayson always draws little circles with his fingertips on my stomach to help me sleep. 

The knock makes me groan in annoyance. Nevertheless I get up and cross my room toward the door. I'm met with the bubbling faces of Max and Xander. "Whatever you want, the answer is no." I try to swing the door shut but Xander stops it closing with his foot and they both swarm inside my room.

Max starts digging through my closet and producing some clothes, I flop back down on my bed hopeful if I fall asleep again they'll just leave.

Xander swoops me up into his big arms and throws me over his shoulder. "This is kidnapping." I whine as he pulls me out of my room and down the staircase. 

I almost fall asleep over his shoulder before Max snaps her fingers in front of my face. 

"I'm not a morning person." I complain. "It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon." Max squints at me in disbelief.

"Where are you taking me?" I snivel with eyes still shut in attempts to fall back asleep. "We're playing a fun game called chutes and ladders." Xander says enthusiastically.

"I fucking hate you." I exasperate, almost falling asleep again. 

I'm half asleep when Xander plonks me down on the floor harshly, waking me up fully. 

I look around at my surroundings: Grayson, Xander, Max, Avery and Eve. 

Eve.

I quickly realize this must be a game chosen particularly to get something out of her.

"Cute PJ's." Grayson raises a brow at me, despite having already seen them. I give Grayson a 'fuck you' glare. Max throws a pile of clothes at me that she previously chose from my closet. I slide into the nearest bathroom and get dressed, thankfully having brushed my teeth and washed myself off earlier in the morning when Grayson got up, only to get back into bed.

When I get back to everyone else Xander explains the rules, it sounds pretty complicated but manageable. We each must share a secret before starting. Whoever has the best secret gets to choose their 'ladder' first.

"Now, which brave soul wants to go first?" Xander's asks in a Machiavellian tone.

I hope for Eve to volunteer but instead Grayson speaks up, "I'll go." 

I look across the room at him in amusement.

"I kissed a girl at Harvard." He speaks sharply. I tilt my head with a smirk, "Really? Is that it?" I ask him.

"I may have a friend who is a girl." He adds, trying desperately not to say what I want him to say. "And this female friend has only kissed you – once? Not done anything else?" I interrogate. 

"Some other things may have happened." Grayson speaks lowly. "Like what Grayson?" I tease with an innocent expression.

He blinks, looking at me with challenge flickering in his gray eyes. "I think you know what, Paris." Grayson seethes. 

"I haven't the slightest clue." I shrug, "But by all means, please do share." I gesture. 

"We had sex. Is that what you want me to say?" He snaps, but remains speaking on his calm and sharp voice, however I can tell he's pissed that I made him say that. Everyone looks to him with shock, especially his innocent younger brother who's never imagined his brother doing that stuff before.

"Jesus Pear, lay off him. What Grayson does with girls is none of your business." Avery scolds, though I can tell she too is jealous of this mystery girl.