Chapter 44

Meddle About by Chase Atlantic

Cause it's not just a figure of speech you got me down on my knees it's getting harder to breathe out.

Spin the bottle. The rules were simple. Someone spins the bottle and whoever it lands on has to kiss them. Then that person spins and thus forms the endless cycle of spin the bottle.

It's 8pm. The doors are locked, lights are low, we are all sitting either on low sofas or the floor, most residents are sleeping except us youths. 

"Who's going first?" Avery asks. "Oldest starts." I say, everyone turns to Grayson. With a sigh he leans forward and spins the bottle gently. It lands on Max. 

They both look around to make sure they actually have to do this and share a delicate kiss. They sit back from each other. 

Max spins the bottle and it lands on Avery. They smile and dramatically kiss each other's cheeks. 

Avery laughs a little and spins the bottle. Jameson.

A breathe gets stopped in my throat. I don't know how to feel about that.

I see Jameson's eyes dart to me then immediately back to her. He smirks a little then leans into her, holding her neck with his hand. He keeps going for much longer than he needed to and I sink into my shoulders. I'm not jealous

They separate and he winks. "Ew" Thea mutters disgustedly.

Jameson spins and gets Thea. She scrunches her face together then eventually kisses him. She makes it as quick as possible making sure to wink at him teasingly when done to which he smiles sarcastically.

Thea spins and gets Rebecca which makes her smile. She kisses Rebecca with a soft but still steamy kiss and leans back. Rebecca shyly spins the bottle and gets Xander who gives her a small peck on the lips.

Xander barely taps the bottle and it's so obvious he did on purpose so it landed on Max next to him. She doesn't realise this and lets him kiss her. I grin proudly at the couple I've been rooting for since before they even met. He pushes his luck by starting to kiss her deeper but she pushes him back with a smirk.

"My lips are too tired. Someone else go." Max jokes with a face of exhaustion. Avery grins and spins the bottle. Grayson. Perfect. Just perfect.

They lean towards each other and kiss, not a small peck but not a steamy make out sesh, somewhere in between that still makes my blood boil.

They pull apart but stay close to each other for a second before snapping out of their daze and sitting back. 

I've not kissed anyone yet, I open my mouth to joke about this but as if having heard my thoughts the bottle stops slowly facing me. I look up at Grayson who is sitting on the chair next to me whilst I'm on the floor. 

I lean up towards him and when our lips are inches away he says "If you don't want to just kiss my cheek, it's just a game." He comforts so quietly no one but me can hear.

I don't waste any time answering, instead I press our lips together for a few seconds and smile brightly, patting his cheek for extra measures. He smirks and shakes his head at me. 

I lean across to the bottle on the ground and spin it as forcefully as I can. It spins quickly and then slows down at Thea but then spins on slowly until it's barely facing Xander.

"Come on then Pear Bear. You must be really good if two of my brothers are in love with you" Xander jokes, I smile and stand up to get to him. I step over the bottle and reach him.