Chapter 68

The lakes by Taylor Swift 

I don't belong and my beloved neither do you.

I wake up with Grayson's arm draped across my chest, the yellow sun shines through the curtains. I smile as I watch Grayson sleep peacefully beside me. 

Until the thought pops into my mind. The selections are today. 

"Fuck." I mutter as I roll over and tap my phone. 7:40am.

I fumble out of bed and quickly slide on my leotard whilst Grayson is still asleep. I fumble trying to put my hair in a bun and it still ends up pretty messy. 

I check the time again once I've brushed my teeth. 7:45am. 

"What time is it?" Grayson asks as he sits up. "Quarter to 8. I have something at school at 8." I panic as I hop around on the spot trying to wriggle my shoe on. 

He laughs at me as he watches me struggle. 

My door jolts open and I turn to see a very hungover Rachel looking really messy. She's already dressed but her hair is down. Hayden stands behind her, already dressed as well with huge eye bags due to his hangover. 

Rachel raises a brow when she notices Grayson on my bed. "Go have breakfast, make some lunch and dinner for yourselves as well." I order.

They both head down and I sit on my bed beside Grayson. 

"I have a school thing at 8:30." He tells me quietly. "Then why are you still in my bed?" I raise a brow with a smirk. 

He reaches towards my face and tucks some of my hair that's slipped out the bun behind my ear. His hand remains on my cheek a moment longer. 

When the moment turns a little too intimate he clears his throat and stands. He starts changing into his clothes from last night that are now dry. 

"So what's this school thing?" He asks as he ties his shoe laces. "Just some contest thing." I shrug like it's nothing. "Are you competing?" He asks, walking to stand in front of me. "Yeah, sort of." I tell him. 

"Well I'm sure you'll do great." He grins and leans down to place a cute little kiss on the tip of my nose. The kiss seems pretty platonic yet it still manages to send a fluttery feeling to my stomach.

"I'm gonna head back to campus now. Do you want me to walk you to school on the way?" He offers. 

"No, just you go ahead. We're going different ways anyway." I shrug. I finish packing a small back with all my dance shoes, my resume, my emergency hair and makeup bag, a change of clothes, a small first aid kit, headphones and my phone. 

"Shouldn't you be warming up or something?" Grayson asks sceptically. "As a matter of fact, yes. Care to help me?" I suggest.

"How does one help warm you up?" He asks sceptically. Without warning I kick my leg up as high as I can and balance it on his shoulder with a smirk. 

I move closer to him until our bodies are touching and my leg is pretty much straight up in the air. 

I wrap my two arms around his neck and grin suggestively at his face that is mere inches from mine. My leg sits on his shoulder comfortably. I may have lied a little, they usually give us about half an hour to warm up when we're there.

"As much as I want to focus on how hot that was, my leg hurts just looking at that." He squints at my leg.

I laugh and take my leg down and lift my bag from the bed. "Let me." Grayson gestures to my bag, "What a gentlemen." I grin. He takes the bag from my hands and then falters at how heavy it is. "What's in here rocks?" He asks as he throws the back over his shoulder.