Chapter 67

New Years Day by Taylor Swift

Please don't ever become a stranger who's laugh I could recognize anywhere.

I walk all the way down the street with Rachel stumbling as I hold her up and drag her. When we reach about a block away from the apartment she throws up all over me.

"Rachel." I sigh in annoyance, "Sorry." She cries. I look down at my vomit covered body and almost throw up myself.

When we get outside our house I take my keys out my back pocket and open the door, trying not to drop Rachel who has now fallen asleep on my shoulder.

I lead everyone inside with Grayson following closely behind, "You live here?" He asks sounding pretty surprised. "Yeah." I shrug. It's a pretty big house for 5 first year college students only a couple weeks into their classes.

I carry Rachel to her bedroom, everyone else digging through the cupboards of the kitchen desperate to find food. I place Rachel on her side, propped up by a pillow so if she throws up again she won't choke on it. I turn her light off and close the door behind me. I head back down stairs.

When I get back into the kitchen I find everyone snacking and making a mess as Grayson tries to clean up after them all.

Maddie is laying on the island as she eats dry cereal straight out the box, Hayden is eating an old pizza from a couple nights ago and finally Wyatt is dipping chocolate into pickle juice.

I gag when I see the sight. "What is wrong with you." I gasp. Maddie sits up and looks at me like we're having an intense staring contest, "There's no other food." She whines like a toddler.

"I'll go to the store later." I dismiss. Starting to pile them upstairs and out of the kitchen. I guide Maddie into her room alone as the guys go to bed themselves, Grayson asked to use the bathroom before he walked back.

Maddie gets under the sheets, "Hey Rooney?" She speaks quietly as I reach the door, "Mhm?" I reply. "Sorry I interrupted you fucking that guy. I think he likes you, I mean he wanted to get you home safely." She mutters drunkly. "We weren't fucking. Just a spur of the moment make out. And I don't think he likes me, he's just a really good guy." I tell her.

"Look, Paris. If that talk about losing your virginity made you feel like you had to I'm sorry. We didn't mean for that at all, we were just joking around. You shouldn't rush it if you aren't ready." Maddie mutters, before I can reply she falls asleep.

I smile to myself and leave. The guys are already in bed. I head downstairs to clean the kitchen and say bye to Grayson.

Grayson waits for me in the doorway ready to leave. "You need help with that kitchen?" He offers. "Nah I've got it." I dismiss. "It's a small mess, it'll be gone quicker if I help."

And so he does, much to my protest. We throw out pizza boxes, we wipe away pickle juice from the counter, we put away cereal. And in no time the kitchen is spotless thanks to our teamwork.

"I should head back now." He breaks the silence. I walk with him to the door but when we open the door we are surprised to see the streets covered with rain. It pours so loud you can here it bouncing on the ground.

"See you around." He smiles, walking out and already getting soaked. "I can't let you walk home in that." I speak louder than before to be heard over the rain. "It's fine, if I don't leave right now it'll only get worse." He matches my volume.

His hair begins to drop its usual volume. I watch him walk down the pathway, his full body getting soaked, his shorts and tank top not doing much protection.