44. The Distance

Tae and Min-kyu returned home after seeing Jungkook off to the airport. They sat in silence and were having their dinner quietly.

Out of habit, Tae took the first morsel and turned to his left,

" Here, Koo... "

Finding the sit beside him empty, his eyes teared up but he didn't cried. He bit the inside of his cheek to not cry out just yet.

Min-kyu looked up at Tae only to find him trying hard not to cry. He felt sad for his baby.

Min-kyu too missed the giggling of his bunny at the table.

Their evil bunny wasn't home to tease Tae. To whine to Min-kyu for, scolding Tae. They were missing him so bad.

It's only been a few hours he's gone, how in the hell Tae was gonna survive the fucking five months without him ?

Tae went to his room after dinner.

The silence in his room was engulfing him. He was feeling like crying but for some reasons he couldn't !

He layed on his bed when, there was a knock on the door and Min-kyu came in view.

" Kookie left this for you. He wanted you to have this after he left and so, he gave it to me. Here. Goodnight, baby. Try to sleep. "

Min-kyu said handing him a fairly big box and kissed his forehead and left.

Tae kept looking at the box for a few moments before opening it. The moment he got what was in it, he hugged it tight and started crying out loud.

Tae remembered the conversation he had with Kook a few days ago.

" Koo, Yoongi hyung tore my plushy. Now you are also leaving me ! You suggested us to cuddle and so, I forgot about my lost plushy.

Now I am addicted to you cuddling me, how am I gonna sleep now without you or my plushy ? "

Tae was sulking and pouting sadly, tailing behind Kook everywhere he went. And Kook had just shooed him away. Tae had felt sad that his Koo didn't cared about him !

But his Koo hadn't ignored his hubby !

It was a body pillow, Kook gifted him. With Kook's full body picture printed on the cover. And it was smelling like Kook as he had put on the perfume he used and his hubby absolutely loved !

Kook's this gift finally got him crying out loud, which he was dying to. He was feeling his chest very heavy and wanted to get rid of the weight.

And as he started crying, he felt that weight reducing and he finally slept cuddling the pillow thinking it was his Koo !

Time was passing with it's speed but for the long distance couple, it was painfully slow. However, they got busy in their work after the first month, missing the other a bit less.

Due to the time difference, they couldn't even talk much !

Kook was exceptionally excellent in his painting and had put up his paintings for sell and they were getting sold very quickly.

Their master got a recommendation letter for Kook to get admitted in the art school in Seoul and he was more than happy about it.

[ AN : I know there's nothing like this but please just bear this bullshit for the story's sake for one last time. I swear, I won't bring it up again 🙌 ]

The sadness and pain of staying away from his husband was all worth now !

Though, Tae had promised Kook to come visit him every month; his ass of a boss didn't approved his leave in any month saying, he's gonna cancel it later anyways !