5. Clouds of sadness

After dinner with friends and family, all guests left the party and only 4 people were left. They were sitting in Taehyung's home.

Min-kyu and Jae-wook were talking about everything happening in the world and Tae-Kook were enjoying their own company without giving a single fuck about anything happening around them.

Min-kyu went in his study to bring some whiskey for him and his friend.

Jae-wook's eyes landed on the two kids enjoying themselves. They didn't needed to watch TV or play any game to engage themselves. Only the presence of the other was enough for them.

They were giggling, laughing and teasing eachothers. Jae-wook have always seen Jungkook being the happiest with Taehyung. He felt safe with his hyungie. Unknowingly, a sweet smile made it's way to Jae-wook's face.

" What are you smiling at, oldie ? "

Min-kyu asked handing him his glass.

" Kookie is the happiest with Tae ! "

Jae-wook said without taking his eyes off the kids.

" So is Taehyungie with Kookie. The kids are inseparable ! "

Min-kyu added smiling at the kids.

" I hope they stay like this always. Tae have taught Kookie so many things. He made Kookie a promise and have never broke it till date ! "

Jae-wook said with wet eyes. He remembered the day kook was born and how the 5 year old kid promised the baby !

" True. And Kookie have made Tae smile once again. After his mother's death, I thought he was never gonna smile again, let alone laughing ! But Kookie taught him to smile and laugh as well. "

Min-kyu said wiping his tears.

" We are growing old and stupid, do you realize that ? "

Jae-wook said laughing and that attracted the boy's attention.

" What are you guys laughing at ? "

Kook asked.

" Nothing, Kookie. Um, Kookie can you come over from tomorrow for a few days ? Actually baby, I need to go out of station for some work. And you know your hyungie can only boil water in the kitchen ! And I no ways want him to burn down my home ! "

Min-kyu said and everyone started laughing, except Taehyung.

" Appa ! I can cook ! "

Taehyung said pouting.

" Since when boiling instant noodles is considered as cooking ? "

Min-kyu said and everyone burst out once again.

" You evil bunny, I won't spare you! How can you laugh at me Kookie ? Out of all people, YOU ? Just how can you ? "

Taehyung said pouting even more.

" Like this... ha ha ha... "

Kook said laughing out loud again and ran to Min-kyu to save his ass.

" Hey, you brat don't you even dare hurt my Kookie ! "

Min-kyu said hiding him behind his back and kook stick out his tongue at Taehyung.

" Uncle ! "

Taehyung whined looking at Jae-wook.

" You evil bunny ! Don't you dare tease my Tae. I might have forgot to mention but I am also leaving with him tomorrow. And you are alone with him. So, don't come to me complaining about him not letting you sleep when you couldn't finish your homework ! "

Jae-wook said crossing his arms and now it was Taehyung's turn to stick out his tongue at him.

" Why are you going Appa ? You didn't tell me you were going somewhere ! "

Kook asked a bit surprised coming to him. Jae-wook's expressions changed. He was looking like he was caught red handed. He looked at Min-kyu for help and he did helped his friend.

" Kookie, he might have forgot. As you can see he is turning old now. He is coming with me. I need his help there. Don't worry we will be back soon. And you don't have to worry, your hyungie is here with you right ? "

Min-kyu said caressing his back. They felt bad for lying to the kids but they didn't had any option. Kook had already lost his mother and he was about to loose his father as well !

Jae-wook was diagnosed with Glioblastoma; a type of incurable brain cancer and needed to undergo some scans and other tests. And for that, he had to stay at the hospital for few days. He couldn't tell that to kook and so, they lied !

___________________________________________

That's all for this chapter. See you in the next one.
Do let me know how you feel about the story 💜💜