9. The bomb

Tae-Kook were cuddled on the couch. Kook fell asleep as his hyungie caressed him while he cried.

Jae-wook's condition was degrading more and more. Kook just couldn't stop himself from crying anymore. He was done being strong. Tae too fell asleep while caressing his bunny.

" Tae. "

Min-kyu called softly, shaking his shoulder gently. Tae opened his eyes and looked his father.

" Wake Kookie up and come inside, uncle wants to talk to both of you. "

Min-kyu said and went back in Jae-wook's room.

" Kookie ? Wake up baby, uncle wants to talk to us. "

Taehyung said softly not wanting to startle him. Though kook was a heavy sleeper, he have forgot being that from past few months. He always thought what if, he slept and couldn't listen his Appa calling for him ?

Kook opened and his eyes with panic written in bold all over his face.

" Appa ? What happened to Appa ? "

Kook jolted from his comfortable position in his hyungie's embrace and was about to run to his Appa when, Tae caught his wrist.

" Calm down, baby. He just wants to talk to us. Nothing's to be worried about. Relax. "

Taehyung said softly caressing his palm and kook nodded. They both went to his room and saw him smiling at both the kids. He reached his hand out towards them and kook took a step towards him but he shook his head,

" Not you bunny. Come here Tae. "

Jae-wook barely whispered and Tae hurried to him and grabbed his left hand in his own. Everyone chuckled at the pouting and sulking bunny.

" Come here, baby. "

Jae-wook chuckled and reached out his right hand for kook and he ran to him and went to his side and grabbed his hand .

" As you all can see, I am dying an... "

" If you want to... utter nonsense, I don't have... spare time to... waste on it ! "

Kook shuttered, biting his lip hard to not cry out loud infront of his Appa.

" Listen to me bunny, I don't have much time left. You shouldn't regret later not listening to this dying man ! "

Jae-wook's whispered.

" Appa ! "

Kook whined and hiding his face in Jae-wook's chest, he started crying out loud, not able to hold back.

Taehyung let go of Jae-wook's hand and went to Kook's side and wrapped his arms around him. He started caressing Kook's back and head and kook too leaned in his embrace.

" That's what I want, kids ! "

Jae-wook said with a satisfied smile on his face. Taehyung looked at him confused. Jae-wook didn't find much energy in him to explain and so, he signaled his friend to tell them.

" Tae, as you can see your uncle... is gonna leave us soon. "

Min-kyu said biting his lip to not cry.

" He is worried about our Kookie. You too know how sensitive and innocent he can be at times. He have a last wish, I am sure you won't deny him ! "

Min-kyu said expetently and Taehyung nodded his head not knowing what's he agreeing to.

" I will fulfill all your wishes uncle. Just tell me. I will do anything ! "

Taehyung said without thinking. He wasn't aware of what was waiting for him.

" Didn't I told you, he will do anything for his Kookie and his uncle ! "

Min-kyu said smiling at his friend, satisfied with his son's response and ruffled Taehyung's hair. Jae-wook nodded smiling.

" What do I have to do ? "

Taehyung asked grabbing Jae-wook's hand again.

" I just want you to not break the promise you made to Kookie when he was born ! "

Jae-wook said with wet eyes.

" I won't uncle, never ! I will always be with him, I will never leave him alone ! "

Taehyung said squeezing his hand softly, ensuring him.

" That's all what I wanted to listen, dear. And for that, you have to stay with Kookie forever, Tae ! "

Jae-wook said weakly, caressing Taehyung's hand with his thumb.

Taehyung got confused. He didn't get what his uncle was upto. What does he means by, stay with Kookie forever ? Does he want him to let Kookie move in with him and his Appa ?

" What... I... um... "

Taehyung was struggling to decide what to say.

" His wish is not a rocket science not to not understand, Taehyung ! He is asking you to marry Kookie and be his husband ! Only in this way you can fulfill your promise. "

Min-kyu said smiling as if, he didn't dropped the bomb on Taehyung; which he didn't on Kook back then.

What ? Marry Kookie ? His little bunny ? His little baby ? His innocent jungkookie ? How in he hell can he do that ? He is fucking straight and have a girlfriend for crying out loud !

Did he really said that ? Am I hearing things ? Am I hallucinating ? Ofcourse I am ! There's no way he can say that ! Somebody pinch me and prove that I am still sleeping on the couch and Appa never came to wake me up !

.
.
.

Have these people lost their mind ? I know I shouldn't say this but did the tumor in his brain have resulted in affecting his thinking ability ? Why must I marry him in order to keep the promise ? He can move in with us and I won't leave his side, simple as that, Taehyung thought.

___________________________________________

That's all for this chapter, see soon with the next one.

Drama coming up. Stay tuned.

Please ignore any mistakes💜💜