181.Happy in-laws or blind dates?

Her eyebrows bumped together and her lips formed a small pout, "That Jung...."

'Ring... Ring...'

The sudden ringing of the phone interrupted her upcoming ramblings.

"Yes... Is he already there?... Ohh... Fine, I'm coming," Lisa hung up the phone as her fingers slightly massaged the corner of eyebrows. "Who broke your heart?" she asked, as her heels tapped on the floor continuously, trying to avoid certain thoughts.

Jisoo coughed, "Who called you? Was it brother-in-law?"

Lisa nodded. Her thoughts once again wandered back to what Jungkook said. "Brother is coming to Grace Villa..." she muttered softly, deliberately not mentioning Master Gong.

Her friends did not have any idea regarding her father and for now, she was letting everything remain that way. The more they know, the more it will endanger their lives.

"Then, you should leave now," Jisoo sighed; it must be something urgent since big brother is there.

"What were you talking about?" Lisa asked as she stood up from the swivel chair.

"It's not that serious. I was just kidding," The smile on her face was ever-so dazzling.

Lisa narrowed her eyes for a moment making the other woman squirm under her gaze. "Have you fallen in love with me?" Jisoo blinked her doe eyes adorably as she asked.

"Forget it, call me if you need something," Lisa poked her cheeks.

"Hey, my makeup!"

"Shut up!" Both the woman hugged each other lightly before Lisa walked out of the office.

The playful smile on her face had long faded as Jisoo leaned against the desk. Her gaze turned distant, her lips quivering, "I was not kidding though. It hurts." Maybe she was just too good at masking her emotions.

Jin is her Lili's brother-in-law. If she had told her about him, then it might have made things awkward between them. With all these thoughts in mind, she decided not to disclose anything.

But little did she know, if she would have told it to her friend, she would have known that Jin was single and the only woman who has ever come to Ash Corps was none other than his sister, Jeon Jennie.

Sigh... Fate is sometimes so complicated for some people.

...

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground as the slanting rays of the sun reflected a warm orange tinge to the sky.

The evening glow kissed her face as she stepped out of the Bugatti Chiron. Looking at the dimly lit villa, she inhaled a deep breath.

'It will be fine,' she thought to herself. But somewhere, deep within her heart, she was sure that many things will change today if the truth comes to light.

With her brain roaming around these thoughts, she absent-mindedly entered the villa. But what came to her view made her hand paused on the door. Surprisingly, it wasn't some depressing atmosphere or face-off scene but instead... a bizarre setup?

Her mouth opened and closed as she looked at two men who were stuck together as they looked at the phone like a treasure. They were so engrossed in it that they didn't even notice her presence.

From where were these vibes of camaraderie coming from? For a moment, Lisa wondered if she stepped through the door to the parallel world.

Both the big shots in highlight were immersed in their own world, unaware of the fictions floating in Lisa's mind.

"Hey.. hey, look at this! Secretary Lim has sent me the link," Taehyung had his arms around Jungkook's neck as he pulled the man closer, helping him look at the chapter where the son-in-law was cajoling his angry father-in-law.

Jungkook frowned. "It's a bit too much," the man coldly said.

"No wonder you are lagging. You don't know anything at all," Taehyung ruthlessly retorted.

"What's going on here?" Before they could discuss any further, Lisa's inquisitive voice interrupted their conversation.

Both the men turned their heads in unison and there she was, standing at the doorway, with both her hands crossed in front of her chest.

Jungkook moved away from Taehyung at the speed of lightning as the chibi curious little Jungkook quickly transformed back into the aloof President Jeon.

Taehyung slid the phone into his suit pocket before leaning back on the couch like a king. Did he behave like a naughty teenager? Oh boy, you must be hallucinating!

As she walked towards them, the corner of her lips twitched as she surveyed their reactions. She elegantly sat on the sofa as she looked at their ever so innocent faces. But before she could say anything, the doorbell started ringing.

Jungkook stood up from the luxurious sofa. "Sit here, I'll go open the door," He kissed her on the cheek before walking towards the door.

As soon as he opened the door, the first thing that came to his view was a certain man's sudden shift in expression. Previously, Jungkook was a little clueless about his father-in-law's thoughts regarding him but now that Taehyung has detailed him about it, he suddenly felt that Master Gong's attitude was pretty clear by the way his face turned frigid at the sight of him.

Taehyung's statement reverberated inside his mind 'Happy in-laws is directly proportional to the beautiful marital life that equals to a peaceful marriage and quality time with wife without interruptions from blind dates."

For Jungkook, the genius in academics, studying Newton's law was much easier than seeking familial bliss by pleasing in-laws.

The man turned around to look at Lisa who was smiling as she talked to her brother and suddenly he felt a boost of confidence from within.

'She is worth it,' he thought to himself. His facial features stiffened as the corner of his lips forcefully tilted up in a 'warm' smile. But the so-called 'warm' smile was more capable of terrifying people than his cold face.

Master Gong narrowed his eyes. What is this man up to? The hair on his body stood up at that sudden smile.

Jungkook gritted his teeth before opening his mouth to speak...