153.You're not alone

Taehyung wanted to scold her for her carelessness, but looking at the beautiful face which has completely turned pale due to the bleeding, he couldn't bring himself to say anything else.

He quickly hugged her back "You are way too reckless. Sigh.."

Lisa sighed contentedly, a brother's embrace always had a defensive barrier which can make a sister feel protected.

"Lili, are you angry because of what grandpa.."

Lisa stood up straight before shaking her head slightly "I'm fine."

Taehyung understood that she dodged that topic on purpose, "Let me help you with your injuries."

"It's okay, I'll deal with it later."

"Don't be stubborn. Let me do it."

"Brother, it's just a superficial wound, nothing serious. For now, the most important thing is finding the culprit as soon as possible. Even if they are difficult to deal with, we could at least know who they are but the current situation where we don't even know them makes us weaker...''

Taehyung scoffed "I will drag them out even from the depths of hell. Don't worry about it. Let me help you with your wounds first..."

"No, do it right now brother. I'm having a rather bad feeling these days, it's as if the peace, happiness, and everything that we have today will soon disappear. This period is like the calm before the storm. This exact feeling... I felt it a few days before Kim Goeun died," Lisa softly mumbled.

Taehyung looked at her worried face before softly placing a chaste kiss on her forehead "I will immediately dispatch my people and start a more thorough investigation."

Lisa nodded "Let's go, then."

Both the brother and sister walked out of the Kim's Ancestral Mansion, hand in hand.

"Don't worry too much. I will deal with..." Taehyung suddenly paused as he raised his brows, completely surprised "Princess, this time, you are done for."

Lisa frowned. She followed his gaze and her eyes turned wide in shock. Danger alarms ran through her head as she quickly dragged Taehyung before hiding behind the wall.

Taehyung helplessly followed her as he looked at her injured face, then he turned around to look at a certain devil standing at the entrance. He shook his head for his pitiful sister.

No matter how much of a jerk Jungkook was for stealing his sister, that man would wreak havoc on the world if anyone touched her single hair and this was a fact that he has always known.

"Brother, look at me. Do I look alright now?"

Taehyung turned around to look at her face and his eyes flashed with amusement. Lisa has hidden the right side of her face with her long hair as she wore a black mask to hide the rest of her bruises and bleeding lips.

"Are you that afraid of him?" Taehyung dangerously narrowed his eyes.

Lisa shook her head.

"Then why.."

"It will hurt him to see me like this," Lisa softly whispered looking at Jungkook "And it was somehow my fault. I was impulsive."

Taehyung shook his head "You were harsh but not wrong." Whatever happened back then had affected him and his sister the most. The girl was supposed to be a princess, yet she had to force herself to grow up fast. He wryly laughed "By the way, did it not hurt me to see you like this?"

She looked at him as she seriously spoke "But.. he is impulsive when it comes to me."

Taehyung softly patted her head. He agreed with her. She can be his strength too but at times, she is his biggest weakness.

"Where did you get that mask from?"

Lisa pouted "Having the most eligible bachelors as my husband, brother, and Vice President takes a toll on my health. Your fangirls will kill me someday."

Taehyung rolled his eyes at her as he dragged her out of their hiding place.

She glared at him.

"What?" Taehyung innocently shrugged "We can not hide for the whole day right?"

"Take care of my sister," Thief, jerk... Heart singing curses, but his tone was calm as ever.

Jungkook turned around as he slightly narrowed his eyes "Mm."

Taehyung nodded his head in reply before walking towards his car, leaving both of them alone.

"Why are you here?" Lisa cautiously asked, trying to act as normal as she could.

"You're not alone," Though there are some fights you have to face alone, but whenever you turn back, I'll be standing there for you.

In the age of ever so cheesy lines and romantic confessions, his four simple words touched her made her heart palpitate.

"Yes, I'm not." And at the same time, she was relieved that she hid her injuries too well. Jungkook must have thought that she used the mask to prevent being spotted with a certain famous brother of hers. It's better that way. As soon as she reaches home, she will clean her wounds before using makeup to hide it.