165.I called my sister

Jungkook nodded his head. Though there was no concrete evidence, he was sure that it was Grandpa Kim. After talking to the American Police Force, his doubts turned out to be true.

She was speechless. No wonder the old man taunted her like that. It was because she thought she has hidden it well but he had always known it. He even punished the real culprit for her.

She buried her face in his neck but before she could say anything...

"Brother, Sist...." Jennie paused as she looked at the couple who were stuck together. What was she supposed to do or say in such a situation? She didn't think that they would be so loving even in the hospital bed. Confusion marred her poker face before her eyes glinted for a moment.

She quickly turned around and walked outside the room.

Lisa couldn't help but smile "She can be adorable at times."

Jungkook, whose eyes never once left his wife's face nodded "Yes, she is."

"Hey, what are you doing? Didn't you enter inside just now?" Just as Jennie raised her hand to knock, a certain someone who was following after interrupted her.

It wasn't his fault that he was though. Taehyung has gone to bring mineral water bottles for everyone and when he returned, he saw her entering the VIP room. But before he could follow after her, she walked out of the room in a split-second. It left him confused.

Two suspicious red patches appeared on her stoic face as she replied, "They were romancing."

Taehyung's cold expression vanished almost instantly as he burst out in laughter.

He already had the kind of face that can stop you in the tracks. But most of the time, he looked cold and detached from everyone else. His black orbs, when cold could freeze a person to the pones, were shining constantly, a gleam with delight. It was rare for him to smile and it managed to etch deeply into her heart.

Suppressing her racing heartbeats, Jennie raised an eyebrow "Have you gone crazy?'

Taehyung pinned her to the wall "Of course not, you are just too cute."

Before she could react, he leaned in and his lips touched hers.

It wasn't like one of those open-mouthed kisses that could arouse one sexually; like the one, they shared before. It was that closed-mouthed kiss you do when you're in ninth grade and you've never held hands before with a girl. It was somehow a peck but it invoked certain feelings within both their hearts.

Just as they parted, her eyes narrowed slightly but before she could speak, Taehyung dragged her inside the room.

Jungkook was leaning on the headrest of the bed as Lisa buried her face in his embrace.

They looked like they were waiting for both of them to complete their 'private' job and enter inside. The couple looked quite bored at that.

Jennie coughed embarrassedly being caught like that. She fiddled with her fingers for a moment, before diverting their attention "Um...Brother, that... There is nothing wrong with sister-in-law. For now, she just needs a regular hot oil massage for her back. As for the redness and swelling, this is the prescription."

Taehyung snatched the prescription from her hand as he coldly glanced at Jungkook "Is there something wrong with your head? Can't you be more detailed about the matter when you call someone?"

Only he knew what he felt in the past few hours. Jungkook was quite precise with his words and Jennie immediately arranged for the emergency operation theater after talking to him. The sense of dread that coursed through him at the mention of 'Operation Theater' was something he couldn't describe in words.

Jungkook's lips slightly curved, the angle reflecting the man's scheming mind but only a few people were aware of that, "I called my sister," his voice was low but it manages to strike where it hurts.

'Boom!' Taehyung was rendered speechless once again; his imaginary foxtail drooped down. Though it seemed like Jungkook made a simple statement, but there many hidden meanings and indications in them that he caught on to very well.

First of all, I called my sister it has nothing to do with you. Secondly, it was late at night, what were you doing with my sister? Last but not the least, his emphasis on 'my sister' meant that Jennie is his sister who will obey his words; if he suggested her to ignore him, then she will avoid him like a virus.

At this point, contrary to his expectations, Jennie spoke up for him as she looked at her brother "He was worried about sister-in-law. Moreover...it was a small injury but I was not aware of that and even arranged an operation theater. So, it scared Taehyung, don't blame him for that."

Taehyung was stunned for a split-second. His gaze softened as he looked at the woman beside him. Who could have thought that she will defend him like that?!

''Brother, can you come here for a second?'' Lisa who was enjoying the scene up to this point slowly sat up straight as she looked at him expectantly.