66

Back in the arena, Shoto's group had arrived at the gate and waited for the cue to start the match. It didn't take long for Vlad to finally announce the start of the battle, and as soon as the gate opened, their group rushed in.

With Shoto leading the way, they soon encounter the first group of monsters. They immediately encountered the two ant monsters from the start and immediately took up fighting stances.

Well, at least except for one. 

Unexpectedly, one of the quietest members of their group has a fear of insects. He had been hiding behind a tree away from them ever since they encountered the ant monsters.

Koda, who didn't talk much, had been panicking since before the match started, because he had a phobia of insects, plus the size of the ant monster they were fighting of course scared him.

" Koda, what are you doing there? "

In response to Jiro's question, Koda shook his head decisively refusing to approach, he also signaled that he was afraid of insects. Jiro immediately realized the meaning of Koda's gesture.

' Could it be he... '

Shoto barely realized what his team was doing and immediately activated his ice quirk which immediately swept away the opponent in front of him. The two ant monsters instantly disappeared into black smoke as their bodies froze, leaving ribbons as drop items.

After taking a short breath, he turned his gaze towards his team and noticed Koda who was far away from the team.

" What is he doing there? " (Shoto)

" That, it seems that Koda is afraid of insects " (Jiro)

" Why don't you say that? " (Shoto)

" You forgot that he is very quiet " (Ojiro)

" Then what now? If this continues, Koda-chan might stand in our way. " (Asui)

" Anyway, let's just continue our plan first, Jiro immediately finds the location of the boss " (Shoto)

" Alright " (Jiro)

Jiro immediately stuck her jack into the ground. She then closed her eyes trying to concentrate on the sound she heard.

When Jiro searched for the enemy's location, Asui approached Koda who was still far away from them.

" Koda-chan, are you okay? " (Asui)

Koda just nodded and gave a thumbs up in response to Asui's question, despite his pale face and trembling hands.

" If you continue like this we will have a hard time moving forward, can you overcome your fears? " (Asui)

Koda gave another shaky thumbs up while looking away. It seemed he was trying to say that he would try it even though he wasn't sure about the results.

" Found him!"

While they were chatting, Jiro finally found Toya's location. Her group immediately turned their eyes on Jiro.

" Where? " (Shoto)

" On the rocky hill over there "

" Alright, let's go, Koda can you continue " (Shoto)

With a nod from Koda, the group resumed their search. On their way, they encounter some of Izuku's summoned monsters. Thanks to Jiro's ability to track sounds, they can obtain information about the monsters such as their number and location. It didn't take long for them to finally reach the hill Jiro meant.

" Was it here? "

" Yes, he is at the top of that hill "

" Let's go "