2

Izuku opened his eyes. He stared at the white ceiling, the pungent smell of disinfectant was his smell. He could feel the sensation of the bed underneath. Izuku immediately recognized where he was.

' Hospital? '

He immediately examined his left shoulder and right leg which had been severed for a moment before his consciousness disappeared. Still there, legs and shoulders intact. Not only that, but his old wounds also healed.

' am I dreaming? '

Izuku was trying to remember what happened before he passed out when suddenly the door to his room opened. A nurse walked into the room to check on his condition.

" oh! are you awake? "

Izuku stared at a nurse, her mind still processing what was going on.

" by the way, how long have I been unconscious? "

" It's been a week since you got here "

" a week?!.. "

" yes that's right, ah!... that's right, there is someone who wants to see you "

' see me? but who? '

He felt strange, among the people he knew, he was sure that no one wanted to see him, they didn't even care even if he was sick.

" May I know who it is? "

" I don't know, all I know is they brought you here, wait a minute I'll call them "

After the nurse went out, two men in suits walked into the room.

" Are you awake? "

Izuku nodded in response. The two men approached the bed. Izuku had never seen the faces of the two of them before.

" is it the mister who brought me here? "

" That's right, you must be confused by what happened "

Izuku tilted his head in confusion, indeed he had several questions raging in his head.

" but before that, let me introduce myself. Nice to meet you, my name is Sugimoto Rieji the head of the supervision division of the Hunter Bureau "

" Hunter Bureau? "

" yes, first let me explain your situation first "

Sugimoto started to explain about the hunter, mana, gate, and awakening. A heart of a mysterious portal appeared 10 years ago. The portal which became known as the gate connects this world with other worlds. Inside the gate is a dungeon filled with ferocious monsters. The appearance of this gate is followed by people who experience awakening. People who experience this awakening are called Hunters.

The person who receives awakening has an energy called mana in his body. This mana helps hunters produce attacks that can defeat monsters from within the dungeon. Mana is widespread throughout the area since the appearance of the gate, but only those who have access to mana can feel it.

" um, I have a question. If they appeared during that time, then why has no one ever known about it? "

" That's because his whereabouts are very tightly regulated and very secretive, besides that gates usually appear in places where no one is around.

After all, only the awakened ones can enter the gate, but recently the number of gates has begun to increase and has begun to appear around residential areas.

I'm sorry, even though you're just a kid but you have to go through all that "

Izuku was silent trying to assimilate the information he got. He was still trying to connect the hunter, the gate, the awakening, and the mana.