42

" You will be the perfect first offering to the king "

The rescue team was still frozen in shock after witnessing the monster's attack. But it didn't take long for Ichirou to come to his senses. He immediately tells Kiyoko and the other healers to heal and evacuate the wounded.

" WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! HURRY UP AND SAVE THEM!!... "

The team members immediately came to their senses thanks to Ichirou's scream. They immediately moved in a panic to evacuate the injured Hunter.

But without letting the Hunters have their way, the architect revived the knight statues around it, which put the Hunters on alert again. They immediately gripped their respective weapons tightly preparing for the battle that could break out at any moment.

One by one the statues stood with broken body parts here and there. The architect standing between the statues spread his arms as if to welcome them.

" Anyone alive by the time all my puppets collapse will be given the great honor of witnessing the king's birth. As long as one of you survives until then, that is. "

As he continued to speak, the Lord's statue stood completely upright. With a smirk on his face, his eyes lit up.

Ichirou is aware of the upcoming danger. He turned around again and went back to warn his team members.

" WATCH OUT!!! "

Light radiated from the Lord statue's eyes accompanied by the sound of explosions as the floor shattered under its attack. The smoke dissipated, revealing the traces left by the monster's attack.

The team members managed to dodge the attack thanks to Ichirou's warning, otherwise, they would die if hit by the attack.

Those who managed to avoid death immediately counterattacked.

After the smoke cleared from sight, Todoroki activated his fire spell and directly attacked the statue that had just attacked them, but his attack did not damage the statue.

The same goes for other Hunters. None of their attacks were able to penetrate the body of the knight statue. Only Ichirou and Sugimoto's attacks were able to break through their defenses.

Even so, the battle was difficult considering the sheer number of statues they had to face. Although the statue was damaged, it did not interfere with their movement. This makes it difficult for rescue teams to deal with them.

The fight continues but not much has changed, if there is, some casualties begin to pile up on Hunter's side.

Sugimoto felt a sense of urgency in his situation this time. As the team leader, he must decide before the casualties increase.

His eyes then caught Izuku's figure who had just stood sculpting ever since the fight began. Sugimoto thought if it was Izuku he would be able to turn things around now. Although bitter, he had no other choice but to rely on him, since Izuku is the strongest person in the room right now.

He then turned his gaze to the angel statue that had just stood in front of Izuku with no signs of moving. Seeing this change, he then turned to Todoroki who was still casting his fire spell on the statue.

" Todoroki!... take this opportunity to awaken Izuku "

Hearing what Sugimoto said to him, Todoroki then nodded and immediately ran to where Izuku was standing. But just before he could reach him, a sword swung right in front of him.

Todoroki barely dodged the sword attack. Even though he is a mage, Todoroki does not forget to train his body so that he has a physique on par with a B-rank Hunter.