21

" Izuku "

Izuku, who hadn't noticed it until now, turned to look at who was calling him.

" Sugimoto-San? "

He looked behind Sugimoto, there were people busy rescuing the raid team. It seemed, he was too focused on the battle until he didn't realize that the people had already gathered behind him.

Izuku looked back at Sugimoto who was looking at him, his eyes staring at him asking for an explanation of what had just happened.

" We're going to need a long conversation once we get back "

" I know, but more than that how is the condition of the raid team? "

" for now let's get out of here "

" Yes "

Izuku followed Sugimoto out along with the rescue team.

Outside the gate is more crowded than before they entered the gate, there is an ambulance preparing to take those injured immediately to the hospital, as well as the reporter's car, it can be seen from the logo affixed to the car.

As soon as they came out, the camera started flashing taking pictures of them. One of the reporters stepped up to ask about what happened in the dungeon to one of the Hunters in the rescue team but was blocked by one of the Bureau agents.

For the time being, their priority is to take the raid team to the hospital as soon as possible, while the bureau agent will deal with other matters.

They arrived at the hospital, all the raid team was seriously injured, but only Ichirou was in critical condition. It has been an hour since he get into the operating room, Izuku was waiting with several agents.

The doctor came out, Izuku was the first to stand up and immediately asked how Ichirou was doing.

" Doctor, how's his condition? "

" his injuries were much worse than we thought. His arms and legs were almost destroyed, especially his spine was seriously injured which caused some of his motor nerves to stop functioning. We are not sure if he will be able to walk normally from now on. It was honestly a stroke of luck that he was still alive. For now, his critical condition has now passed, and we are not sure when he will wake up. "

For a moment, what the doctor just said made the heart that heard it drop instantly. A harsh reality just said is tantamount to a life sentence.

Izuku's face instantly darkened. The light had long since left his eyes, leaving a muddy look filled with anger at his inability to save his comrades. With the heavy atmosphere surrounding him, Izuku ventured to try to meet Ichirou.

" Can I go see him? "

" Sure, but please don't make a noise, the patient still needs to rest "

" Okay. thank you doctor "

After the doctor left, Izuku and several agents went to Ichirou's room with the nurse guide. In the room, Ichirou was lying helplessly with various medical equipment attached. His figure, which has always looked tough, is now lying helplessly on the hospital bed.

Izuku sat down by Ichirou's bed. His head lowered and his fists clenched so hard that his hands turned white and blood slowly dripped from between his fingers. His mind raced to think of the terrible events that befell his comrades.

" I'm so sorry Ichirou-San if only I got there sooner... "

Looking at the blood dripping from Izuku's hand, Sugimoto who came to accompany him patted him on the shoulder trying to calm him down a little.