43

Seeing Izuku regain consciousness made the Hunters on site breathe a sigh of relief. But the relief didn't last long when they felt the mana emanating from Izuku. Dark and cold mana can be felt by those in the room. It was as if they were staring into the endless dark abyss.

In contrast to the relief and horror of the Hunters, the Architect felt shocked, confused, and angry mixed at the same time. He stared at the figure standing in front of him with wide eyes as he realized the figure before him was not the figure he expected to attend to.

" You... you are not the king... but why... Why are you standing here instead of him?! ... How can you regain your senses with the black heart in you? "

Izuku looked at the architect who was very surprised. It was the first time he had seen a change in the architect's expression since their initial confrontation.

Hearing what the architect was talking about, he seemed to be referring to the 'something' that was inside him. He could feel a beat other than his heartbeat that flowed the amount of mana into his body.

' So this absurd amount of mana is this black heart's deed '

In front of his eyes, there was a floating screen that displayed new information regarding previously hidden titles.

[Title: Demon Hunter]

You recover your memories of when you defeated the Demon King, Baran Monarch of White Flame.

The great power accepts you as its owner.

Effect
-'Black Heart': Mana Energy +100,000

[MP: 109,527]

Seeing the amount of mana he currently possessed was enough to make Izuku's eyes widen in shock. But the situation this time did not allow him to do so, not with the enemy under his feet.

Closing the screen in front of him, Izuku looked back at the architect. Just by looking at his reaction, Izuku could tell that the 'Black Heart' inside him was not for his benefit. Moreover, recalling what he witnessed from the previous memory data, he could be sure that the memory was the basis for creating the system. Moreover, the memory did not answer all the questions he had.

Izuku pressed his legs against the architect's neck. The crack grows as Izuku adds strength to his step.

" You said it's not you who make the final decision, but what exactly is the 'Player'? What are you trying to do to me? "

Izuku was not caught off guard, remembering what happened during their confrontation. But it seems that the architect has lost his mind. Instead of answering Izuku's question, the statue actually yelled while glaring at Izuku.

" Don't tell me...

SHADOW MONARCH, HOW DARE YOU!! ... DO YOU THINK ANOTHER MONARCH WOULD LET THIS HAPPEN!! "

Hearing the architect's shout, Izuku took out all the daggers he had and used the 'Ruler's Authority'. Izuku pointed all the daggers toward the architect without holding them.

" Just answer my question... "

Unwilling to obey Izuku's orders, the architect's orders, the eyes of the remaining statues began to glow red. One by one they began to show movement. Izuku could hear the frantic screams of the Hunters around him. He could also hear laughter coming from under his feet.

" Ha... Haha... You really can't guess huh? Now I understand why you were chosen.

But... If you kill me now, no one can stop my puppet, so can you really kill me? "