11

Thanks to being under house arrest, Izuku had to cancel all previously scheduled raids. A few days had passed and he just stayed in his room. Tsukauchi has visited him several times for further examination, or just to confirm how things are going.

His teammates also visited him after hearing what happened. Kiyoko also made a fuss, saying that she would kill all the kidnappers if she found them. They just laughed at the commotion she was causing.

Izuku knew that they were just trying to make him feel better, but he still couldn't get rid of the bitter feeling that lingered deep in his heart. All he could do was give a fake smile to make a fool of himself and others.

Izuku is used to hiding his feelings, but he is still not good enough to deceive people who have the same pain as him. Todoroki narrowed his eyes seeing this, he decided to approach him at different times.

After the others left Izuku's room, he approached him to talk to him.

" Izuku... "

" yes?... "

" You still have something you're hiding, right? "

" huh... it seems that I still can't deceive you "

" so what is it? "

" it's just that I had a hard time and was exhausted "

" ... "

After a moment of silence, Izuku's smile disappeared, replaced by a dark face with a blank look.

"Well, I... I just can't believe how easy it is to take someone's life "

" I've heard the story, but it seems to really burden you "

" you're right. I have killed countless monsters, maybe one day I will take someone's life too. I've imagined it countless times, and what I fear most has finally happened.

No matter what the reason is, it is still wrong to kill a person, the guilt and bitterness are also imprinted clearly "

" I don't know what it's like since I have never taken someone's life before, but I can understand it somehow.

You have gone through a lot, so take a rest, I will visit in my spare time "

" thank you, I appreciate it "

Without them knowing, someone had been listening to their conversation from the beginning.

Kiyoko notices that Todoroki approaches Izuku after they all leave. She decided to stay, curious about what the two men were talking about separately.

After hearing their conversation just now, she felt really bad. She shouldn't have heard of those things. Kiyoko thinks that she knows Izuku, but Izuku still has many stories that have not been told deep down in his heart.

Kiyoko felt sorry for him because of the burden he had to carry at such a young age. She couldn't even imagine himself in such a situation without receiving a mental breakdown.

She had already had difficulty dealing with the smell of blood and wounds, as well as his fear of monsters in each raid. She may be lucky to be in such a strong team, but sometimes she also has to follow raids with other teams that have a higher chance of injury. Kiyoko couldn't help but have to watch the scene where flesh and blood splattered everywhere, as well as the threat of losing her life at any time, she had to endure all of that while healing the team members.

Even after Todoroki left Izuku's room, Kiyoko remained in place. She hesitated to apologize for eavesdropping on their talk secretly.

Izuku escorted Todoroki out of his room and leaned against the door. After watching Todoroki leave, Izuku started talking.