17

A few days later, Izuku was inside the Demon Castle Dungeon fighting the 75th-floor boss [The Guide of Soul, Metus]. Metus is a skeleton monster wearing a black robe. Just like Izuku, but instead of shadow soldiers, he has an army of undead as his soldiers.

As Metus sensed Izuku's presence, a circle of red magic under his feet along with the gloomy energy surrounded him. Receiving Metus's call, thousands of undead troops rose from the ground.

Ordinary people will suffocate just by looking at his army, but Izuku doesn't feel that. He calmly summoned his soldiers to confront Metus's army. The number of Izuku soldiers is not comparable to that of metus soldiers, but it is more than enough.

" Iron, Igris, clear the way "

The two armies began to clash with each other, Igris and Iron easily dealt with the undead at an incredible speed. Izuku slipped among the soldiers and finally reached where Metus was.

" you didn't expect this to come did you? "

Metus gasped when he saw Izuku in front of him.

' does the undead feel fear?

Well... I don't think it matters '

Izuku held the dagger in both hands. The dagger moved in an instant, making a few lines that cut Through Metus's body into pieces.

Although he has the same ability, Metus cannot protect himself as Izuku has. He is weak to confrontations that make him easy to deal with without his army, after all, assassins are the natural enemies of wizards.

ring~

[You defeated the Guide of Soul, Metus]
[You received Spring Water of the Echoing Forest]
[you received 200,000 Exp]
[You discovered the demon soul sealed in the Metus pendant]
[You received 220 demon souls]

[You leveled up]
[You leveled up]

A series of system messages appeared in front of him just after he defeated Metus. The undead army that lost its leader began to collapse. Izuku breathed a sigh of relief as he looked at the rest of The Metus army.

' Metus can summon hundreds of undead more than me and has powerful magic abilities. It would be helpful if I could turn him into my shadow soldier, but due to its contaminated mana I couldn't do that '

He glanced at the demon body that had a message above them.

[This target mana is contaminated]
['Shadow Extraction' cannot be used on this target]

" huh... why can't I extract this demon shadow? "

He sat in a pile of bones that were the remains of Metus' army, checking the rewards he had received.

[Item: Demon Monarch's Necklace]
Item Class: S
Type: Accessory
Agility +20, Intelligence +20
The set effect will be activated when this item is used with 'Demon Monarch's Earring' (Equip) and 'Demon Monarch's Ring'.
Set Effect 1 (Locked)
Set Effect 2 (Locked)

Izuku was satisfied with the items he got after defeating Metus.

' there is still a set of items left... it means that there is a third boss-level monster that I have to defeat to complete the set.

but... '

[Collected Demon Souls: 10,001/10,000]

" I have completed the quest "

ring~

[You have completed 'Normal Quest: Collect Demon Souls (1)']

[You can receive the following rewards]
Reward 1. Choose any item from the store
Reward 2. Bonus stats +20
Reward 3. Hidden Reward