34

Outside the gate, the situation is quite chaotic. When Izuku faced the monster, the Hunters made it out. The reporters waiting outside were confused by the Hunters coming out of the gate, but as they saw more and more Hunters appearing with wounds on their bodies, the reporters immediately assumed that the raid was a failure.

The medical team was busy running to help the wounded Hunters and immediately moved them to the medical tent set up some distance from the gate site. The heroes and police also helped carry the injured hunters while some tried to restrain journalists who tried to break in to take pictures.

Amid the chaos, most hunters thought of one thing. The fact that they left a child to deal with the monster itself.

But in such a terrible situation, only the boy dared to come forward and show strength to overcome the crisis. When no one moved, the boy stepped forward valiantly facing the monster that was a scourge for the hunters. They had no other choice but to leave everything to him.

The heavy air was felt around the Hunters. Feelings of guilt and loss swirled around in each of them. But regardless, they couldn't let their guard down. There are still many hunters from their side who are injured. If not treated immediately, the number of deaths will increase. The worst scenario is that the gate breaks and monsters will come out and kill everything in there.

Their worries didn't last long when silhouettes were visible from behind the gate. The Hunters were immediately alert, they picked up their weapons and immediately positioned themselves in front of the gate.

The figure slowly walked over and came into view. The moment the figure's feet came out of the gate and hit the ground, a huge wave of mana spread in an instant that was able to make the Hunters tremble.

They thought that the figure that came out of the dungeon was a monster, but the figure revealed his form shortly after. A hooded young man carrying a corpse covered in a cloak walked towards them, followed by a cavalcade of black soldiers who were also carrying the corpses of the Hunters.

The unrealistic scenery there is quite intimidating for anyone who witnesses it. A scene that is enough to make people think that the demon king has descended to the earth.

The Hunters couldn't help but froze as they watched the figure approach. Several people who recognized the figure immediately came to their senses and rushed straight to him, followed by those who recognized the faces of his comrades who had become corpses.

They soon forgot their fear and ran toward the black soldiers carrying the corpses of their comrades. After handing over the bodies of the hunters to their comrades, the black soldiers immediately disappeared into the shadows and returned to the shadows of the figure.

Sugimoto, who recognized Izuku, immediately ran up to him and called his name.

" Izuku! "

" Sugimoto-san! "

" Did you escape successfully, how is the monster inside- "

" I didn't run away "

" then... "

" I killed it, the monster"

Not long after Izuku said that the gate behind them disappeared as if there was nothing there, even the magic energy flowing inside the gate also disappeared.

The silence was instantaneous when they saw that, but it didn't take long for a cry of victory to resound throughout the island signaling that the dungeon raid had succeeded. People can't hide their happiness. The mixed feelings of loss, relief, and happiness, burst out instantly as soon as the gate disappeared.