25

After parting with Esil, Izuku opened his eyes in a small alley. He looked around to confirm where he was.

" This place is... "

It turned out that he arrived at the small alley near his dormitory. He remembered that he had placed his shadow soldiers around this area for safety purposes.

[Shadow Exchange LV. 1]
[..... 2 Hours 59 Minutes 57 Seconds until the skill can be reused.]

' I actually swapped locations '

Without further ado, he then headed straight to the hospital. Since it was night and visitors were no longer allowed to visit, Izuku decided to sneak into the Hospital, he activated his 'Stealth' skill to avoid commotion and entered through Ichirou's room window.

When Izuku arrived there, Ichirou was sleeping soundly on his bed. The medical equipment had been unplugged from him, leaving only an IV tube attached to his left arm. He then pulled the chair beside the bed and sat next to it.

Izuku looked at Ichirou, his eyes fixed on Ichirou's legs which could no longer move anymore. Once again he felt bitter inside, he remembered his regret for his failure to save them.

' if only I could get there sooner... '

With that in mind, Izuku clenched his fists but he decided to stop, it was useless to think about it now, he can't undo what has happened.

Feeling the presence of someone beside him, Ichirou slowly opened his eyes. He turned his eyes to see Izuku already sitting next to him with his head down.

" Izuku? "

Ichirou called his name, it had been a long time since he had seen his face since the dungeon raid incident.

Hearing his name called Izuku raised his head and looked at Ichirou.

" Ichirou-San? "

He was surprised and happy to see Ichirou in a conscious state. But still, he felt uncomfortable around Ichirou, he was once again reminded of the horrific scene where Ichirou's body was crushed. Once again Izuku lowered his head in guilt.

Knowing this Ichirou then starts a conversation to distract Izuku from his negative thoughts.

" How are you doing? It's been a long time since I last saw you "

Izuku bit his lip, swallowing his bitterness. He then raised his head and faced Ichirou with a fake smile, trying his best to hide his bitterness.

" I'm fine, how about you Icirou-San? "

Although Izuku's answer was delayed, Ichirou just smiled and accepted it.

" As you can see, my legs may not be able to move anymore but other than that I'm fine"

Hearing Ichirou's calm answer made Izuku feel even more guilty. Just by hearing his tone, Izuku can tell that Ichirou has accepted his current state.

" Sorry if only- "

" Izuku "

Before Izuku could finish his sentence, Ichirou interrupted him directly. Ichirou already knew what Izuku was going to say, so he quickly interrupted him so that Izuku would not burden himself with his guilt.

" It's not your fault that I'm in my current state, it's because of my careless decision and I've accepted it "

" but I- "

" It's okay Izuku. Let's forget the sad story and tell me what you did recently, I heard from Sugimoto that you went to training, so how is it? "

Although he tried to strike up a conversation, Izuku's mind was still caught in his guilt. His head was filled with negative thoughts and guilt, he continues to blame himself to this day.