That's What She Said

"S'cuse me, is this thing on?" Emmett asked almost comically, tapping the mic, "Hello?"
He waited a moment so Milo gave him a thumbs up.
"Uh, I'd like to propse a toast, to my new sister! Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last 18 years, 'cause you won't be getting anymore for a while!"

The croud didn't really understand but it was Emmett's little cackle at the end that made Milo snort with laughter.
It could've meant 2 things, the fact that she was turning into a vampire or the fact that her and Edward wouldn't be able to keep their hands off each other. 
Milo had to hide his face in Jasper's chest when he saw Charlie down his glass of wine, clearly his father thought the second option. 
"Well Bella was just like everyone else, totally mesmerised by Edward... Or the Hare, as I call him," Jessica laughed slightly, "And then suddenly, Edward was all about Bella! Even though she's not the captain of the volleyball team,"

Milo literally cringed in his seat and felt Jasper tense at everyone else's reactions too.
God, if an empath had to deal with everyone else's emotions but struggled with the cringe, Jessica needed to leave that stage fast.
Then Charlie took to the stage and Milo couldn't keep the grin off his face.
"Edward will be a good husband," He nodded to himself and Milo could tell he was drunk, "I know this... because I'm a cop, I know things... like how to hunt somebody, to the ends of the Earth, and how to use a gun," 

People laughed but then turned quiet at the mention of a weapon. Milo sucked in his lips, cringing slightly, the second hand embarrassment of his drunken Dad. 
Alice saved the day though, she climbed to the stage, offering Charlie a hand to help him off.
"Now that you're my sister, you'll have to get over your verge into fashion. Skirts, heels, handbags...," 

Alice continued listing things off her fingers, including a rule against converse which made the Cullens and Milo laugh.
Renée took to the stage after and it was obvious she had consumed a large sum of alcohol, though Milo didn't hold it against his parents. The drink was free, he'd be on that too.
"Go to sleep, my love, go to sleep," She sung and Milo had to clench his jaw in an attempt to stop cringing, "When you wake, you'll see me,"

"I'm so happy I don't get to hear that everyday anymore," Milo grinned at Jasper, squeezing the boy's knee comfortingly.
Esme smiled at the human mother and took her place on the stage after.
Milo loved Esme so much, there was just something about her. 

"I'd like to thank Renée and Charlie for bringing such wonderful people into the world and into our lives. We will cherish and protect them forever," Esme oathed, smiling at the cop and mother.
Milo's heart swelled and he rose his glass to her. 
Such a sweet person. 
But then Edward turned to him with an encouraging smile.

"Your turn Milo," He told, leaning over to get the newborns attention.

"Shit," Milo sighed, standing from his chair then straightening out his suit.
Jasper pushed a wave of confidence his way and Milo was ready to worship that man.
He walked onto the stage and looked at all the round tables full of people looking at him and ready to listen to what he was going to say.
He took a deep breath and looked over to Jasper, feeling such comfort from even just a look.

"When I was 15 years old," Milo started a little to quietly, but then cleared his throat, fucking nerves, "When I was 15 years old my sister told me that wherever she was in the world, she wanted me with her. I'll never forget that moment, we were on the poarch, sharing some chips from a bowl... but it meant so much to me. 
Ever since that moment Bella has become so much more than a sister, a best friend if you will,"

He paused to look at his sister, watching the way her face was bold with thankfulness, she knew what he was inferring to.
"When Bella got with Edward, my immediate thought was wow, Edward Cullen and Bella Swan! But that wasn't because of the reason you think, it was because people like Bella are so incredibly rare, it was beautiful to see Edward understood her.
Edward, you make her so happy. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Just don't hurt her or you'll have a big brother to deal with,"