Sinners Play As Saints

Charlie came through the door and hung his belt up. Everything was normal for him, it had been a normal, quiet day at work, he had the cafe down the road drop off some pastries, there had been hardly any crime activity, things were good.
Things started to get unsettling when he saw his son and Jacob Black in the living room without a Bella, sitting on the sofa's, staring at a blank Tv screen.
He cleared his throat, letting the boys know he was there, Milo already knew but Jacob had been zoned out.
Milo heard the police cruiser the second it turned onto their road.
He looked at his Dad and swallowed thickly, thinking up the first thing he could to make Charlie not be mad with him.
"Sit down Dad," He told, watching how the older man frowned and wearily took a seat next to Jacob, facing his son.

"I don't like the face you're pullin'," Charlie noted, waving his finger in Milo's direction, as if he needed to be anymore specific.

"Dad," Milo started, "Alice Cullen came back today,"

"Cullen?" Charlie asked, shocked. Milo nodded.

"She told us that Edward was sick, the doctors didn't think he'd make it another month," Milo lied, it falling so effortlessly from his lips, "She said that Edward had been begging to see Bella, to apologise, to try and make things right,"

"Well, what's wrong with him?" Charlie demanded to know, thoughts being created in his mind that he dreaded be true.

"They don't know yet, he's in the best hospital in Italy, the best doctors, but none of them can figure it out. They just know he's probably gonna die," Milo made sure to add in the probably because he had hoped Edward wouldn't, "Bella loves him... you know that right?"
Jacob scoffed, shuffling in his seat, sending a look to Milo.
Charlie nodded slowly, feeling uncomfortable in his.

"She's gone with Alice, back to Italy," Milo finished his story, watching his father's expression.
But he didn't have one, well... one that Milo was expecting.

"She's always cared," Charlie mumbled, more to himself then anyone, "She's going to be grounded for so long when she gets back,"
Milo offered a smile and Charlie struggled to return it.

"And Dad, I think there's a high chance the other Cullen's are gonna come back too," Milo added, not having any proof of it yet, but it was either he went or they came.

"They are," Jacob said, crossing his arms. 
Milo looked at him like he'd grown a third let.

"What?"

"Alice told me in the kitchen," Jacob said her name with a sour tone, Milo didn't like it, "Everybody is coming back,"

"Good... the hospital needs Carlisle back," Charlie said to himself again but Milo was sure he didn't really care, his mind was occupied with Bella.
But that's not what got Milo.
They were all coming back.
Jasper was coming back.
Milo couldn't explain the feeling he had when that news was for definite. 
He was happy, of course he was, the family he had missed so much were coming back, the lover that he had cried over for countless nights about was coming back.
But they were also coming back, after leaving him to think that he was the problem.
Charlie went to the kitchen to grab some beer, offering both boys a can.
It was ironic considering he was a police officer but let both other boys who were underage drink too.
Milo threw the alcohol back, drinking it quickly before getting out of his seat to grab two more, putting the first can in the bin.
He was a lightweight, he hoped he would get drunk and he could destory this anxiety that curled up into his body.
He got to his bedroom, sitting at his desk and bringing out some paper.
Milo opened the first can, throwing a bit back.
The first name I said was my lovers, it danced on my tongue like a flame born to the fire.

𝙎𝙚𝙡𝙛𝙞𝙚 - 𝙅𝙖𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙚जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें