Blue Lights| Central Cee

NOTE: inspired by Blue Lights by Jorja Smith, don't like this it's trash and it's a bit dark so beware

When you hear the sirens coming...

I found myself pulling my hoodie over my braids ignoring the sting of the fresh parts and the cold tips of the ends.

I had just gotten them done and meant to spend the rest of my day inside. Until he called. It sounded urgent and I always came when he called. Always.

I huffed feeling my lungs burn as I exited the train station. His place was close by. Police sirens could be heard in the distance.

Looking over my shoulder I felt a tug in my gut. A helicopter sounded overhead. Who were they looking for?

"Cench, let me in!" I said banging on his front door.

I yelped when he yanked me inside. His house was freezing. It was winter and this bitch was blasting the AC.

He sniffed smiling like a maniac, "I got it!"

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Got what? You weren't at school on Friday."

It's true he wasn't. I waited for him at lunch but he never showed. At first, I thought he stood me up.

Cench gave me a charming smile before throwing a duffel bag at my feet. I unzipped the bag clutching my chest in the process.

"No fucking way. You actually did it?"

"I did it."

His response was clear as day. The money flashed in my face. Almost taunting me as I felt the paper.

My eye twitched in frustration, "You have to take this back."

"Hell no." He snatched the bag before I could take it from him.

"Oakley. You committed a felony."

He scoffed standing in front of me. He looked different. Less like an innocent seventeen-year-old and more like a deviant.

His slender finger pounded into my chest making me take a step back, "I did it for us. You sat in my room talking about how you couldn't afford this lifestyle, yeah?"

I nodded feeling like he'd hurt me if I didn't agree with him. The boy in front of me took out a stack and tossed it in my face.

"I told you to give me three days and I'd get the money."

"I ain't expect you to be trapping for real," I spoke with reason. He was beginning to irritate me with his logic. 

He waved me off mumbling obscenities about me, "You're not serious Y/N and I hate that about you."

I could hear the sirens getting closer this time. My eyebrows furrowed when he clutched onto the front of my hoodie.

His warm breath fanned into my face as he spoke, "Did you really think I wouldn't do anything for you even after you snitched to the cops?"

I was silent when he pecked my lips. The sirens were on this street now. Getting closer.

"When you laid in my bed naked letting me you wanted more in this lifetime but you were really shaking up with the enemy."

"I didn't do anything."

Oakley laughed knowing my face isn't exactly made of stone, "How'd they know where to find me?"

His nostrils flared when knocks on the door ensued interrupting his speech.

"Oakley."

"Shut up." He tapped my cheeks lightly and kissed me.

This wasn't the boy I knew back then. Oakley had obviously done more than rob a bank and I wasn't gonna stick around to find out. I was trying to save him.

What have you done?

I could hear the officers outside trying to kick in the door. Oakley smiled down at me, his face etched in pleasure.

Run when you hear the sirens coming...the blue lights are coming for you.

"What did you do, Cee?"

The door was off its hinges. I hissed as they raided the place. My hands went up as they forced me to the floor.

With my face turned I could see them cuffing him. The sounds of the metal clashing together made me sick.

"You're being charged with murder, armed robbery, and assault with a deadly weapon. You have the right to remain silent..."

Just like that, he was gone. And I was regretting my decision because rats always get dealt with. One way or another.

YEARS LATER

I sat in my car turning off the red and blue lights. I sighed unwrapping my hair from its ponytail.

My badge sat on my chest. A plate of protection suddenly began to feel more like a weighted bomb strapped to my chest.

I needed to go inside but I wasn't feeling it. Thinking I'll call out for the third time this week. My mind raced as I tried walking up to the station, my gun heavy on my side.

He was released a while ago. He was coming for me eventually. I didn't know when or how but he's coming for me.

I was swiftly pulled away from my thoughts and slammed onto the driver's side door. Oakley stood in front of me fearless.

Don't you run.

"Hi, Y/N." He said squeezing my neck.

He looked different. I know I keep saying that. But at 25 he was really a man now. All tatted up and crazy looking.

I winced feeling him apply more pressure to my neck, "Hi."

He chuckled darkly seeing my eyes dilate from the lack of air, "What a shame. You aren't going to welcome me back into society?"

I was practically trained to fight niggas like him but here I am allowing somebody to choke me out in front of a fucking police station.

I shook my head laying my hands on top of his. They felt cold as I pried away. "No, move your hands pretty."

I blew out air as I let my hands shift to his arms. He smiled again, "It's my turn to play."

Blood when you hear the sirens coming.

Authors Note:

Besties I haven't been updating because I'm focused on my Central Cee summer slasher book (go read that) 

it's called I Know What You Did That Summer (it eats so go read if you like summer slasher, rom-com energy)

Anyways I had to get back to my roots and post something dark me thinks. Enjoy.

Ignore mistakes!