The Intern| Central Cee

Trigger Warning: sexual content ahead

Y/N bit her lip and pushed her glasses on her face. Her mentor and boss, Michael Keating, nodded to her latest demo. She pulled on her sweatshirt nervously as she awaited his response. Once the beat stopped she smiled.

"Another great one, Y/N." He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you. I want to adjust it a bit before we give it to the client." Y/N said quietly.

Michael smiled even more. His long locs cascaded down his back turning a bit grey, "Sure. Whatever you need."

Y/N nodded looking at her Apple watch. It was ten in the morning and a sunny day in Los Angeles, "What's on the list for today?"

Michael clasped his hands in front of his as he led her down the long hallways of Keating Label. Many of the staff members greeted them politely, "We have an important client coming in. He just flew in from London."

Y/N kept a straight face, "What's the plan?"

Michael always led meetings. Y/N was his musical prodigy and many people told her she was better than him. Singing wasn't her thing but music was. "He'll tell us what he wants."

Y/N waited in the studio. It was huge. A mixing board went from wall to wall. And in front of it, a studio was waiting. An Apple desktop was there for import and export. Y/N smiled when she saw instruments in the booth, it reminded her of a small orchestra. She stood by the conference table in the large room.

Michael was talking on the phone when she saw them enter. Central Cee and his entourage entered loudly. His gold chains clanked around his neck. Y/N felt her gut twitch with nervousness. She sat in the spinning chairs.

"Central Cee, it's a pleasure to meet you!" Michael said giving him a quick bro hug.

The man before her smiled genuinely, "Nice meeting you too sir."

Y/N kept her head down as she scribbled music ideas in her notebook. Oakley's eyes flickered to her for a second before getting to Micahel, "I'm super excited to be here."

Micahel sat next to Y/N at the table. The rest of the men followed getting comfortable, "I heard you left your previous producer. Why is that?"

Oakley took a moment to gather his thoughts, "Conflicting ideas. For this next album, I want something fresh and more mature. I want it to cross different people and shit. You know?"

Micahel nodded intensely, "Of course. Here at Keating Label, we strive to produce the best work for our clients. We're like a family and we're happy to have you on board."

Oakley cleared his throat, "Great. So where should we start?"

Michael eyed Y/N. She had been interning for over a year and he thought it was time to push her outside her comfort zone, "Y/N here is going to take the lead on your project."