Idle or Idol| Central Cee

NOTE: alternate to the Panic Room imagine, so warning there's panic attacks

Y/N could feel the ground shake from above. Cheers and shouts made her ears ring. As the lead guitarist in the girl group 'Wasted' she still felt insignificant.

Her bandmates looked at her weirdly as the lights dimmed above them. The floors below them clicked into place. They'd soon rise onto the stage from below.

"Ten minutes until showtime ladies!" The production manager spoke looking at her clipboard.

"I can't do it," Y/N called out feeling her heart race.

It was their first time opening for Central Cee. And being in a sold-out stadium made her stomach clench.

"I can't. I can't." She muttered pushing past the busy stage employees.

She pushed past the group of men waiting around the sound equipment. Y/N caught Oakley's eye as he spoke with his crew.

He gave her a confused look before cranking his neck to follow her.

"Wait! Y/N!" Nadia, one of the lead singers called after her.

Y/N's vision became blurry as she entered the nearby bathroom closing the door behind her. The blue tile felt cold as she pressed her head against the wall. The lights above casted shadows on her face.

She shook her hands in front of her trying to stop herself from crying. Bangs on the door made her jump.

"Y/N! Open up!" Her bandmates shouted trying to get inside.

She didn't lock the door, that was her first mistake. Nadia and Angel barged in with wide eyes.

The sounds of the crowd waiting for them to appear seemed muffled. Y/N could see stars in her vision.

"What the fuck?" Nadia asked watching Y/N pace around the bathroom.

"We've done this a million times before." Angel's soft voice made her a bit calmer.

Y/N clutched her chest trying to breathe evenly. But it felt like nails on a chalkboard, "It's too much. I don't want to."

"Y/N we're idols, we need to finish the damn tour."

Y/N huffed, "No, I'm done with music."

Angel and Nadia looked at each other for a moment. Y/N had anxiety but never let it get the best of her before a performance...until now.

"What do we do?" Nadia asked bearing Y/N begin to hyperventilate.

A soft knock on the door pulled all three girls from frantic states. Oakley poked his head in smiling at the girls in their matching black leather outfits. Angel pulled Nadia away from the shaking girl allowing him to step in.

The creak of the door got Y/N to look at him. He grabbed her shoulders catching her dark brown eyes. "Just breath baby."

Y/N did as instructed feeling her chest loosen. Now that she had him to focus on she felt much better. She quickly wiped her tears and sent him a shaky smile.

"You alright?" He asked helping the girl wipe her face.

Y/N shook her head feeling more tears pour down her face, "I don't wanna go."

"Why not?" There wasn't a hint of judgment in his voice as he handed her a cold paper towel.

Y/N felt her breath hitch when she tried to talk, "It's not fun anymore. I just need to go."

Oakley grabbed onto her arm making her stop in front of him. "You really leaving in the middle of the tour?"

"I won't do something that makes me physically ill. Y'all can sue me or whatever but I need to do what makes me happy."

Oakley pulled on her arm again, "And what about us?"

Y/N looked away feeling heat rush to her cheeks, "I need time, please. I'll call you when I get my first flight back home."

"Y/N." His voice was strained like he needed to warn her about something.

She kissed his lips taking a step back, "I promise."

Authors Note:

bestie I fear I have nothing else to write about, is this the end???? y'all don't even read none of my other shit (also I need to work on The Intern but I forgot about that lowkey)

If i wrote a summer slasher story (with a central Cee faceclaim) would y'all readdd??

go read Xstuhcii new central cee dark romance book (I hope I got that right lmfao) anyways it eats and the writing is great..(motivating me to get my ass up and write)